Rage knock offs

stoneam2006

Ok sence I don't post on AT alot and have come fond on all you guys and your opinions have any of you shot the rage knock offs on ebay....under 20 bucks for 6 of them...

They have really great reviews on AT and YouTube just say to sharpen when purchased think I'm going to get some for testing with the new arrows...anyone ever tried them?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ive heard some bad things about them, but i'm interested to see how you guys like them. The one thing that gets me is that rage already has some what of a reputation for not deploying, I wouldn't want to risk using a knock off that can be made with lesser quality steel when its the moment of truth. 

• Like 1

Ive heard some bad things about them, but i'm interested to see how you guys like them. The one thing that gets me is that rage already has some what of a reputation for not deploying, I wouldn't want to risk using a knock off that can be made with lesser quality steel when its the moment of truth.

That's my worry too but the reviews are quite good and for under 20 bucks figured worth a shot

That's my worry too but the reviews are quite good and for under 20 bucks figured worth a shot

I agree, for 20 bucks you can't go wrong. I'm actually giving rages one last season and see how they preform. If they don't preform the way I like for a second time, ill probably be going to a fixed blade BH. 

• Like 1

I used Rage for the first time last year on two deer, I was quite pleased with them and will use them again.....I think any broadhead will get some bad reviews somewhere along the line. The Hypodermic +P is supposed to have a stronger blade retention collar so I will get them this year.............as for buying cheap knockoffs?, no thanks, I'll spend the extra $20.00 for the real ones and that would go for pretty much any product I buy, but especially not a mechanical broadhead from China.

I might buy them just to see how they're constructed in comparison to the real ones, maybe see the blade sharpness, thickness and all that other important stuff, you gotta figure they scrimped somewhere along the line.

Edited by jjb4900

Besides the fact they are selling out the back door, they are not paying the federal excise tax on archery products that all US manufactures do.

IMO knowingly buying knock offs is the same as stealing or buying hot merchandise out of the back of a van in a parking lot.

If I don't like the price of something I don't use that as justification for theft from the company.

• Like 1

2 of my buddies bought the rage knockoffs.. price is great for the quantity purchased.. they are the exact same thing just a little lower in the steel quality dept.. resulting in broken blades more often and the ferrule being not as strong. All deer shot with these have been recovered due to well placed shots but... imo ill spend the extra for the actual rage heads and they lost longer due to strength especially when trying to ethically harvest an animal quick as possible.. 

in my free time I'm building prints to make my own rage hypodermic broadheads and machine them myself.. 

• Like 2

I'll continue to buy the rage from the local shop ,not to support rage but to support the local shop owner. He is a great guy and in fact just last night I stopped in with my bow that was shooting less then consistent and he stopped what he was doing to take me to his range and shoot through paper and make some adjustments at no charge .

• Like 2

I get it they're expessive.  most broadheads seem to be these days.  as an engineer I'd be bothered if someone copied my design and then tried to steal sales away from the company I was at or owned.  the trickle effect is real.  you're chipping away at other blue collar Americans' lively hood.

• Like 1

Are the store bought ones even made in the states anymore?

FeraDyne Outdoors has some job openings for manufacturing in Wisconsin.  Had a CNC machine operator position and similar others that seem to be filled up.  I was hoping more people would come in here to bash Rage and push for a good broadhead company like Muzzy.  I need a good laugh.

I used Rage for the first time last year on two deer, I was quite pleased with them and will use them again.....I think any broadhead will get some bad reviews somewhere along the line. The Hypodermic +P is supposed to have a stronger blade retention collar so I will get them this year.............as for buying cheap knockoffs?, no thanks, I'll spend the extra $20.00 for the real ones and that would go for pretty much any product I buy, but especially not a mechanical broadhead from China.

I might buy them just to see how they're constructed in comparison to the real ones, maybe see the blade sharpness, thickness and all that other important stuff, you gotta figure they scrimped somewhere along the line.

From what I have read they are more than likely factory blemish that didn't quite make the weight tolerance they do say to sharpen them before use but say they come in a touch heavy seem to be around 114 for 100 grain

Besides the fact they are selling out the back door, they are not paying the federal excise tax on archery products that all US manufactures do.

IMO knowingly buying knock offs is the same as stealing or buying hot merchandise out of the back of a van in a parking lot.

If I don't like the price of something I don't use that as justification for theft from the company.

Yea I knew I would get this answer and as a machinist I understand it fully but the fact is they charge 20 a head and that's outrageous IMO especially when they are already made in China and the margins are huge....I thought about shooting grim reapers bc it's one of only company actually made in USA but not a fan of them nor are most I have talked to

2 of my buddies bought the rage knockoffs.. price is great for the quantity purchased.. they are the exact same thing just a little lower in the steel quality dept.. resulting in broken blades more often and the ferrule being not as strong. All deer shot with these have been recovered due to well placed shots but... imo ill spend the extra for the actual rage heads and they lost longer due to strength especially when trying to ethically harvest an animal quick as possible..

in my free time I'm building prints to make my own rage hypodermic broadheads and machine them myself..

Heck yea I'd love to see finished product

• Like 1