Which state forest do you think has the least hunting pressure in the state

LJC

Which state forest wild life management area do you think has the least hunting pressure  in the state  . 

I hunt southern zone most the time but would like to try some different areas of the state  .  I know probably Adirondacks is the 

Best bet but what part . 

Which state forest wild life management area do you think has the least hunting pressure  in the state  . 

I hunt southern zone most the time but would like to try some different areas of the state  .  I know probably Adirondacks is the 

Best bet but what part . 

Lol I wouldn't let you on my land so now you want some tips on state........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, LJC said:

Best bet but what part . 

LJC

Sounds from the replies you have so far received that you might have done something to piss some people off here. If this is the case then you are welcome to hunt me with! Check out Sterling Forest, you'll need a permit from the park to hunt there.

Good Luck, and if the case is so, continue you're good work annoying those here lol. 

19 minutes ago, Uptown Redneck said:

LJC

Sounds from the replies you have so far received that you might have done something to piss some people off here. If this is the case then you are welcome to hunt me with! Check out Sterling Forest, you'll need a permit from the park to hunt there.

Good Luck, and if the case is so, continue you're good work annoying those here lol. 

You would make a great team! Please post your harvest pictures! Got a feeling I'll be waiting awhile.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Uptown Redneck said:

Nice of you to admit the only reason you come here is to annoy people, and now you are recruiting and encouraging it.

As for the best state land with the lowest pressure, there's plenty. But, you have an offer to hunt Sterling forest with our resident expert so take him up on that. :mosking:

Edited by ....rob
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Uptown Redneck said:

LJC

You know been to every place that you can hunt in southern  zone except sterling forest .  Going to check that one out maybe later in the week 

I don't no what I said to piss them off ?

I'm not the one who started that ( leases are bad thread ) and they bust my balls because I mention the game laws in other countries.  Trust me if I want to be a prick I would not do it here . I would go to youtube and f with the peta people .

My dad told me back in the good old days they use to go up to  the farms and offer them bottle of  jack Daniels or some other wisky    if they let them hunt there lol   

On 9/11/2016 at 8:28 PM, chefhunter86 said:

Lol I wouldn't let you on my land so now you want some tips on state........emoji6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/11/2016 at 9:15 PM, Four Season Whitetails said:

You Did!!! And you want to hunt mine and his and his and her's..No lines remember? 

On 9/12/2016 at 11:21 AM, growalot said:

Man!.....LJC...Now your just making me laugh.....

Can you guys just take it easy?!  The OP is asking for some simple advice on where to hunt.  No need to disrupt this thread because he gave responses in another thread which you took issue with.

OP, the ADK's and Tug hill areas have lots of areas to hunt with little to no pressure...now, a lot of those areas also have little game compared to other areas of the state (ADK's more so than Tug Hill).  If you gave us some feedback on where you're coming from, how far you're willing to drive and what kind of hunting experience you're looking for, I'm sure some here could give you advice more tailored to your situation.  

Edited by Padre86

Unpressured public land is a unicorn.  You find it, you keep it to yourself.  Once other people catch on, it'll no longer be  "the least pressured" spot very quickly so you'll end up having to find a new area.  So in a way, asking someone for the "least pressured" spot is like asking them where their honey hole is at.

On Monday, September 12, 2016 at 7:31 PM, Curmudgeon said:

My brother in Chenango Cty says Pharsalia is almost abandoned after opening weekend, and gets little use away from the roads.

I hunted in Chenango b4 last time I was up there was probably 12 years ago