Foot odor

Zag

I'm full of questions tonight, I mostly wear my lacrosse rubber boots (insulated) and ill admit they smell like feet most of the time. I always try and be as sent free as possible yet I sit in the stand wondering how much of my foot sent is covering the area. What steps do you take?

17 hours ago, zag said:

I feel like ive heard someone say to wrap your feet in garbage bags or grocery bags and rubber band them tight around your ankles to help hold any odor.

Try that in your living room without even walking around and just see how hot your feet will get

As long as you keep the wind right, your smelly feet wont hurt you that bad.   Heck, a lot of guy's take coffee into their stands, which is a far more powerful odor that deer associate with humans than feet (I drink hot apple cider up there in cold weather).

On calm days, or with light variable winds, you will definitely struggle if your feet stink.   If you can smell them, you can bet a deer will pick them up from a great distance.   Maybe a strong cover scent such as skunk or fox urine would help you then.  

Even on days with a steady wind, with stinky feet, you will need to be extra careful of the route you take into your stand, as the scent trail you lay down will linger for a long time.  There ought to be tons of info available on-line on how to deal with that problem.  It might be a good question for your doctor.  If you can't find anything else, ditch the rubber boots and try wearing Crocks on your way in and out of your stand (they are made from some "magic" material that does not hold odor). Carry a towel with you to dry your feet, and some warm, heavy wool socks to put on when you get to your stand.      

walk in in one pair of socks , zip lock into a bag at stand , put on fresh pair . I don't sweat worth a crap. Dry skin and retain heat.  Can sit all day in single digits . Summer heat kills me. I only sweat  on brow ,head and feet. Smart wool socks work well for me.  Once again , play the wind 

22 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

As long as you keep the wind right, your smelly feet wont hurt you that bad.   Heck, a lot of guy's take coffee into their stands, which is a far more powerful odor that deer associate with humans than feet (I drink hot apple cider up there in cold weather).

On calm days, or with light variable winds, you will definitely struggle if your feet stink.   If you can smell them, you can bet a deer will pick them up from a great distance.   Maybe a strong cover scent such as skunk or fox urine would help you then.  

Even on days with a steady wind, with stinky feet, you will need to be extra careful of the route you take into your stand, as the scent trail you lay down will linger for a long time.  There ought to be tons of info available on-line on how to deal with that problem.  It might be a good question for your doctor.  If you can't find anything else, ditch the rubber boots and try wearing Crocks on your way in and out of your stand (they are made from some "magic" material that does not hold odor). Carry a towel with you to dry your feet, and some warm, heavy wool socks to put on when you get to your stand.      

Hell I take coffee so I'm not gonna worry about it then thanks.

Nobody gets stinky boots or sneakers? I'm feeling lonely guys.

Try the Dr. Sholls Odor X boot inserts. Charcoal activated. Guaranteed to work! Sprinkle Arm and Hammer baking powder in your hunting boots as well. I don't really have a foot odor problem. But use these to help with scent control. To leave as little scent as possible on the ground. Does it work? Don't know, but it can't hurt.

• Like 1

I wear heavy Redwing boots all day and my feet sweat and smell. I have basically eliminated the smelly foot deal. The first is to obviously wash them ,the second thing that helped even more was to start using one of those rock/stone things to scrub the bottom of my feet when I shower, you'll notice the difference immediately.