LIVE from the woods 2016 Edition! - 7th Year, lets make this happen...

burmjohn

30 minutes ago, pt0217 said:

Zeek,
Where is he going to make the water go? I don't know if it's as simple as digging a ditch and the water drains out.

That's a great question, our properties have no major elevation changes its flat, I hope he isn't thinking of trenching to the front of the property, it's like 1500 yards probably. I don't know, he said we will talk more after deer season. If he wants to dig mine out into a pond I'd be ok with it like stone said.

• Like 2

That's a great question, our properties have no major elevation changes its flat, I hope he isn't thinking of trenching to the front of the property, it's like 1500 yards probably. I don't know, he said we will talk more after deer season. If he wants to dig mine out into a pond I'd be ok with it like stone said.

That'd be the ticket. Get a pond and no work or cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Ya think this guy found my camera? I placed this close to where my Bow Buck entered the property last Monday morning. In one night I have 3 different Bucks coming and going,night n day shots. This leads into the neighbors, who clear-cut a couple of seasons ago and basically made a deer haven. I have a stand I need to now immediately move. I just found a honey-hole.

buckeye01.jpg

buckeye.jpg

• Like 5

Interesting morning so far. About 8:00 had a pack of 3 coyotes come by...1 tan colored and 2 dark colored...lip squeaked one of them into about 25 yds. Then about 3 -5 minutes after they moved through a 4th one cruised by...dark colored...lip squeaked him into about 30 yds. No shots taken as it was prime time for deer. As for deer, so far have seen 2 bucks and a doe, all travelling alone. One of the bucks was a small basket racked 8 at about 25 yds, passed on him trying to wait for one of the big boys.  Later had 4 gobblers scratching about 35 yds from me...they came by me at about 20 yds and were around me for the last 15 minutes scratching around until they got about 70 yds from me. Then had that last coyote sneak back and go after the gobblers behind me...almost got one of them too...They all flew up in the trees behind me and to the side of me. They flew back down about 15 minutes later and all has been quiet since.

Edited by JALA RUT
  • Like 3

So a very fun morning for my self. Saw the forkhorn and doe early. A few hours later heard some more noise coming for thick stuff I'm sitting near. And all of a sudden a bigger doe than the first runs out around 70 yards being chased by another buck going up the hill. Then not even 10 minutes later a bruiser of a buck comes running down the hill that the previous buck just went up. His nose was down to the ground and he was full sprint down the hill. He was 80 yards away.
About 15 minutes after I hear all this wrestling in the thick shit closer to me. I tried bleating and nothing. So I'm waiting and it gets louder. About 20 turkeys emerge and go the other way away from me.
Then about 30 minutes after I hear grunting to my left and down hill. I hit the bleat can and I get a response. I look back and it's just@chefhunter86 messing with me.

We decided to get down and move my stand for the afternoon sit closer to the path the big buck was running on.

Chef wanted to go scout some thick stuff closer to creek. We found scrapes, rubs, poops, beds and a tree for chef to hang his stand. So he is all set up for a big buck tonight.

Now having breakfast that he had his wife make for us. Fried potatoes, bacon and dippy eggs.

f229fca9a18356f8067830a4a417919d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Finally saw a dink he walked right under my stand and never knew I was there. Was tempted to shoot him so I can have some steak but opted for him to carry on his merry way imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20161105%2F0a7718cec640ce694b021f2a45bf522b.jpg&key=b54fa2f2cbc169bb76b6f3d6abaa7f052316d941aa7205a09e523e4e0283f3de

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Is that a cart path for golf course?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Great morning but no deer for me...at first light but not legal light I had a fawn sail down the hill past me at 60 yards..i grunted and doe bleated...A few mins. later a doe and slob buck came through following fawn with another fawn bringing up the rear. Bucks body was huge but I couldn't get a handle on his rack size..no binos on me,again. they went down to the neighbors swamp..I heard a bit of chasing then nothing...The woods are a solid yellow right now..maples ,beech and What is up with all the leafs?! there is still a ton on the trees and everything just blends into everything else. I then watched a group of deer feed past Rivers blind...I had a single deer run down to the swamp by the end of lane way blind...then 3 more fed past and nearly under it...I had to walk by that blind to sit where I was.:mda: soon after that I caught several more deer and a flock of turkey at Rivers blind...about then I decided I needed a break and came in ...Pulling cards I had a nice little 8pt(would have shot him) walk by the garden blind and accidentally erased it...I then found I left one cam off and wide open after changing batteries yesterday(yep tired is setting in) and a crazy amount of turkey with fawns yesterday. One turkey schooled a fawn...

PICT0095.JPG

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Papist said:

Ya think this guy found my camera? I placed this close to where my Bow Buck entered the property last Monday morning. In one night I have 3 different Bucks coming and going,night n day shots. This leads into the neighbors, who clear-cut a couple of seasons ago and basically made a deer haven. I have a stand I need to now immediately move. I just found a honey-hole.

buckeye01.jpg

buckeye.jpg

If you need help moving that stand , I can give you a hand , just say the word................

• Like 1

Whew... got it hung and got some food in me. Story time.. morning was going well. Didn't see much. Around 8 a large fox trotted by. A while later  I saw a good sized brown object move quickly through some thick shit on the edge of my vision. Had to be a deer though I didn't see it clearly enough. Sitting waiting and all the sudden there's a buck in front of me. Saw a bunch of points so turned off safety and put the scope on it. Had a clear shot but deer moved. Luckily not far and stopped. I let one fly and it found its mark. Dropped a small six.

20161105_103133.jpg

20161105_103154.jpg

• Like 15

Just rattled in this 4pt...came running in looking around...then crossed 20 yds in front of me through the thick stuff towards pond...rattled again and he came back down crossed in front of me and headed towards neighbors property north of me then a button buck came down from the pond area and joined him...pretty cool

20161105_122623.jpg

• Like 2