LIVE from the woods 2016 Edition! - 7th Year, lets make this happen...

burmjohn

7 minutes ago, sodfather said:

Ok back to the thread title I'm apologize to all that I have offended. Everyone has there reasons I'm done again I'm not judging any other hunters choice just my own opinion which shouldn't matter here.Carry on

Its not that your opinion doesn't matter...it's that you pushed it when guys were posting pics of deer they were obviously excited about and then they have to read what you wrote...would yoypost a pic of a deer you werent puped to get? you should have started a thread that said..."reasons you would shoot a young deer" start one and you will get some answers

• Like 3

My buddy just texted me this picture with NO DETAILS and I'm freaking out. I can only assume he shot it but he hunts with his Dad too. Either way, this is an awesome deer for either of them and I'm stoked they were successful. 

IMG_0153.jpg

Edited by Zem18
  • Like 21

Sodfather I disagree- I think this was the right place right time, clearly everyone reads this thread. 

There is so excuse for someone to shoot a 6-8 month old deer, if someone is that desperate for meat- 2 weeks of meat is not the answer. Just pure laziness in my opinion and lack of skills, its not hard to kill a mature doe or a couple year old buck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish fawns spots stayed on for a year- so they would make it past there first hunting season and mature for the next year. There are clearly to many hunters out there that can't judge a yearling when they loose there spots.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hang Em High said:

Sodfather I disagree- I think this was the right place right time, clearly everyone reads this thread. 

There is so excuse for someone to shoot a 6-8 month old deer, if someone is that desperate for meat- 2 weeks of meat is not the answer. Just pure laziness in my opinion and lack of skills, its not hard to kill a mature doe or a couple year old buck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish fawns spots stayed on for a year- so they would make it past there first hunting season and mature for the next year. There are clearly to many hunters out there that can't judge a yearling when they loose there spots.

couldn't let it go ?! I think this has been resolved in prior posts.

Carry on folks from "live from the woods"  

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Hang Em High said:

Try  hunted on public land  

2 hours ago, Elmo said:

3230cd91e5a5396f410f34c89ac15e0f.jpg

Story to come soon. Let me get this spike processed first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats Elmo...any bow kill should be congratulated...As far as tagging you can use whatever you have. The bow tag is for either sex OR if they are under 3" you can use a DMP. If you use the either sex tag you cannot shoot a buck for the remainder of the bow season.

• Like 2

Try not being a douche nozzle and read some posts and get to know the people of this online community before you come on here and with your 19th post start bashing people. I know it's the internet and you can say whatever you want but be prepared for the consequences. 

Don't feed the trolls and they will go find food elsewhere.

• Like 11

27 minutes ago, Zem18 said:
7 minutes ago, Hang Em High said:

That is all I have hunted for my 18 years of hunting, with 5-10 other trucks in the parking area.

Try going in the woods more then 50 feet- you would be surprised mature deer ACTUALLY live in woods, tough to believe I know.

I have killed 3 1.5 year old bucks...one was my first buck ever..a 4pt...one was another 4pt I got on the last day of the season and the only buck I saw all season..and a 5pt I got as my first bow buck last season. I was super excited and shaking like a leaf on all three..now my opinion has changed a little bit and I am hoping to stick to a self imposed 6 or bigger rule...every persons opinion is different and none are wrong...unless you are supporting hillary Clinton of course

40 minutes ago, Hang Em High said:

That is all I have hunted for my 18 years of hunting, with 5-10 other trucks in the parking area.

Try going in the woods more then 50 feet- you would be surprised mature deer ACTUALLY live in woods, tough to believe I know.

:mda: Yea sure you do and you get a mOster buck every year 

Btw on average I walk over 1 mile on public land before I stop .

• Like 1

Getting ready to go out for an afternoon watch missed the morning watch got out of work to late this morning and was beat. Taking my best friends son that I started mentoring last year he is now 14 and has his safety course so this will be his first sit on his own I hope he at least sees something. I would have liked to have gotten him out for youth weekend but he was out of town with his family. I will report back later hopefully with some harvest pics, good luck to all!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tughill Tamer said:

Getting ready to go out for an afternoon watch missed the morning watch got out of work to late this morning and was beat. Taking my best friends son that I started mentoring last year he is now 14 and has his safety course so this will be his first sit on his own I hope he at least sees something. I would have liked to have gotten him out for youth weekend but he was out of town with his family. I will report back later hopefully with some harvest pics, good luck to all!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

good luck to your young gent

• Like 1