Middletown Gander Mountain Gift Card Scam

ELMER J. FUDD

I tried to pay with 2 gift cards that were $25 each and pay the balance with my debit card. They took both gift cards and asked me to scan my debit card twice. Later that week I noticed they only credited me for one of the gift cards. I had a charge for the balance and a charge for another $25 dollars. Someone got a free gift card...

I was in there yesterday and wanted to look at a used rifle,the guy who was helping took 20 minutes to get the keys then another 10 to unlock the gun...I asked if they had the magazine for the gun and he could not answer me yes or no,then started to recommend scopes,I kind of got angry said thankyou and walked out....that store really is going down hill fast...

• Like 1

This was in May. Feels like it was a few months ago. Busy year. Just want everyone to know especially with hunting season almost here. I called several times and never get a manager. Always conveniently busy. The people answering the phone won't take my info and insist i come in. They also say the card is still in the register. Lol. They are stonewalling because they are all in on it IMO. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Paula said:

I think he is saying the workers charged his debit card then they will do a void and take the cash

or put it on a gift card for themselves

Yes Paula you are 100% on the money. I use to work ln loss prevention and the cashiers did this just to pocket the cash or gift cards classic employee theft  this needs to be reported to manager ASAP 

Edited by apoallo

First lesson....never use your card as a debit card.....use it as a credit card...that way you can dispute the charges.
And why did you just call....I would have marched in there to get my card back(that they told you hey have?) And demanded the charges be reversed or you will get the police involved.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Gander sucks. Their line of products suck. Customer service sucks. People behind gun counter don't usually know jack squat. It's gone downhill quick in the past few years. My wife used to tell me we could go to gander mountain if I would join her on shopping trips....I won't even take her up on the offer anymore lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You contact the credit card company and tell them what occurred and what you've done to try and rectify it with the store ,to no avail...

BTW...hunting...holidays...never leave the cashier without scanning receipt first....just turn to people behind you and say...excuse me a moment while I check this quick,I've been ripped off ones too often..thanks

Not to derail the thread but , recently I checked my credit card statement to see if I was charged for a purchase i didn't receive only to discover 2 charges on my wife's card from some business about 2 weeks apart for $580,00 each! we contacted the bank and they removed the charges and we got a letter from the bank saying that they have resolved the charges. Yesterday we got a check in the mail from the same company for $28.26 ? I told my wife don't cash it and contact the bank. I've never heard of this company and we have never ordered anything from them.  This stuff scares the crap out of me!

Edited by 2012_taco
grammer

Core I am thinking the same thing. This would be a super easy way to get caught for the clerk. They know exactly who did the transaction. I ALWAYS make sure to watch the register and I hate /avoid stores where I can not see each price. I also check my receipt before I leave the store.

We had a $25 head of lettuce at Wegmans last week. computer.....crap in....crap out. Wonder how many never noticed it? I may have been one of them if I hadn't only been getting a head of lettuce. the cashier gave me the total and I looked at her like she was kidding. Then I asked her if show thought that could possibly be right. Took minutes before it dawned on her. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club