What are you using this season?

Borngeechee

This season I hope to kill  deer with my most recently required "old" new rifle.

It is a WWII vintage 03A3 Springfield  in 30-06 that was sporterized with a Bishop stock and mounted with an older Weaver V7 scope. The trigger is the original two stage military trigger, but it has been worked and is not half bad. It groups well with the same  handload that I load for my Garand M1.

I bought it last winter from a very dear friend, who passed away on July 8th of this year and I thought it only right and proper to take it out this season and shoot a deer with it in his memory.

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 9

This season I hope to kill  deer with my most recently required "old" new rifle.
It is a WWII vintage 03A3 Springfield  in 30-06 that was sporterized with a Bishop stock and mounted with an older Weaver V7 scope. The trigger is the original two stage military trigger, but it has been worked and is not half bad. It groups well with the same  handload that I load for my Garand M1.
I bought it last winter from a very dear friend, who passed away on July 8th of this year and I thought it only right and proper to take it out this season and shoot a deer with it in his memory.

Sounds awesome, any pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I'm sure your friend, who is now in a better place, will be honored that it's going hunting with you.

• Like 3

On 10/12/2016 at 1:23 AM, philoshop said:

Probably nothing this year, due to some medical issues.:negative:  If I manage to heal up over the next month I'll be carrying either the Savage .243 or the T/C pistol with the .44 mag barrel, depending on the density of cover I choose.

Edit: Best of luck to 

On 10/12/2016 at 1:23 AM, philoshop said:

Probably nothing this year, due to some medical issues.:negative:  If I manage to heal up over the next month I'll be carrying either the Savage .243 or the T/C pistol with the .44 mag barrel, depending on the density of cover I choose.

Edit: Best of luck to everyone!!

Last year on July 23rd I had a below the knee amputation on my right leg and almost lost my left leg as well. I made a promise to myself that I would be in the woods opening day of rifle. Granted I was not able to walk because my leg was not healed enough for a prosthetic yet and my left foot was still butterflied like a chicken cutlet but I made it out there. I was dropped off at my blind and I used a walker to get into it. My point is I hope if you are able to get out there I really hope you do. Parking my butt in that blind helped me to heal. Not physically, mentally. I hope you make it out there this season my friend. Keep up the healing !

• Like 3

Savage 220 with a Nikon 3x9x40 Slughunter shooting 2.75" Lightfields Hybrid EXP

Remington 870 SP Super Slug 12 ga. with a Nikon 1.65x5x36 Slughunter shooting 2.75 Lightfields Hybrid EXP

Browning Stainless Stalker in 7mm-08 with a Redfield 3x9x40 Revolution shooting 140 grain BT Federal premium

CVA Accura V2 with a Nikon 3x9x40 InlineXR shooting 100 grains of Pyrodex and 250 grain Powerbelt Aerotip

Here are the guns that i use throughout the season.

From bottom to top: Remington 870 for southern tier. Remington 7600 for northern tier. Remington 700 Ultimate ML, and finally my Remington 700 for the yotes.

The second picture is of my Ultimate ML. One of my favorite guns in my collection. If you can't tell, I'm a Remington guy and always will be. 

IMG_1820.jpg

FullSizeRender-4.jpg

• Like 5

imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20161102%2F51ff82eebf389eeb51b144d6f415131e.jpg&key=5ca6c70454bb4602be056c18248adae5aed57eeb5d4ab177fdffb22b025a386d
So far this rifle season I have carried my tikka t3 35whelen, Ruger 44mag carbine, Remington 760 35rem, tonight I carried my Ruger 77/44, but my main gun this season is this project 7600

Do you use the uncle mikes barrel band? I have them on a couple of my 7600s but the quality on the last one didn't seem that great. I wanted to go a different route but I couldn't find anyone who makes a different one.

Do you use the uncle mikes barrel band? I have them on a couple of my 7600s but the quality on the last one didn't seem that great. I wanted to go a different route but I couldn't find anyone who makes a different one.

Yes that's what I use. I don't know of any other company that makes them, but I have never had a problem with them.

I have something in the works on a huge upgrade for next year! But this year it will be my Savage Axis in 7mm/08 with Leupold vx1 3x9x40. Back up and drive gun will be an Ithaca Deerslayer 2 in 12ga. with a Leupold 1x4. And for late season, a Thompson Center Thunderhawk Shadow.

I have something in the works on a huge upgrade for next year! But this year it will be my Savage Axis in 7mm/08 with Leupold vx1 3x9x40. Back up and drive gun will be an Ithaca Deerslayer 2 in 12ga. with a Leupold 1x4. And for late season, a Thompson Center Thunderhawk Shadow.

Hope it's the one I have a feeling it is. If your the lucky ones who acquired it can't wait to hear about it....lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk