Anyone make your own?

LET EM GROW

Anyone make your own equipment for hunting, food plots, whether it be cultivators, hangers, bow accessories, gun accessories, treestand accessories etc etc..

Some may remember im in the process of designing and making a broadhead based off the rage hypo. and possibly a setup like the magnus stinger 2 blades. if work ever slows down..

But also i made several stabilizers out of plastics, aluminum, carbon, steel and even copper(just for looks lol) all different weights.. tree stands and multi purpose hangers and such.

I just thought it would be neat to see everyone's creativeness for anything and everything hunting lol  

This 2 pics is the latest stabilizer i made out of plastic. I machined it to accept a weighted insert into the i.d. for more weight if needed

20161005_095926.jpg

20161005_095953.jpg

Edited by LET EM GROW
  • Like 4

Manage a large golf store. Our 100 yard attached driving range dome came down. New one going up this week or so. This is part of old. Dang near a millimeter thick. I call it the " venison burrito ". Added grommets . I'll cinch the rope thru grommets to deers head as usual with drag.  Run rope thru other series of grommets . Hoping /thinking it'll reduce friction for mile drag thru blowdown, swamp and bunny brush. I'll get back to you on this as gun season opens. Jeesh , daughter was useless during youth season for giving it a try :rolleyes:

IMG_3816.JPG

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

https://huntingny.com/forums/topic/34024-spine-tester/#comment-492192

This site is really weird latley ,here's the link.

That is Awesome Jeremyk !! I like that alot. My buddy has one. I may have to make one now too, i have several indicators laying around, would love to build one of these, along with a saw to cut length of all my arrows, along with making a fletching setup.  

I made a 3 piece fold up camera arm that mounts and stays on my climber. I used aluminum tubing, so it's super light and height adjustable. It folds back up flat and doesn't interfere with anything. I wouldn't bring my camcorder with me most times because it was another awkward piece to drag along and setup. Now I always have it. Simple and cheap.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

IMG_20150917_153433_423.jpg.a2463e027cbfIMG_20150917_153543_632.jpg.89232c2e1d31
  • Like 3

I made a 3 piece fold up camera arm that mounts and stays on my climber. I used aluminum tubing, so it's super light and height adjustable. It folds back up flat and doesn't interfere with anything. I wouldn't bring my camcorder with me most times because it was another awkward piece to drag along and setup. Now I always have it. Simple and cheap.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

IMG_20150917_153433_423.jpgIMG_20150917_153543_632.jpg

Very nice! I purchased a tree mounted arm for a double hung stand set and liked it. Planned on making one more for the other Double set.. we don't do much with tubing, unless I bought it myself and brought it in. It is stronger than solid steel that's for sure.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nice.cold rolled steel(c1018) is some pretty sturdy steel square tubing aswell.used it alot to construct "in shop projects".in cuttergrinding department now.dont get to play with the mills and lathes as muchkolobok_sorry.gif

We use that 1018 and 1117 for our compression molds. The hanger was made out of A36. It's a little more structural type of steel but close to 1018. We use 6061 aircraft aluminium, all kinds of tool steels, Teflons you name it

5 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

We use that 1018 and 1117 for our compression molds. The hanger was made out of A36. It's a little more structural type of steel but close to 1018. We use 6061 aircraft aluminium, all kinds of tool steels, Teflons you name it

Nice.Majority of our parts are made of high speed steels and tool steels.we do alot of cutting tools.make parts for crosman,remington and marlin.im in carbide department using diamond wheels.whole different ball game haha

20161012_113107.jpg

• Like 1

Nice.Majority of our parts are made of high speed steels and tool steels.we do alot of cutting tools.make parts for crosman,remington and marlin.im in carbide department using diamond wheels.whole different ball game haha

20161012_113107.jpg

What kind of parts for Crosman?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1