New truck

stoneam2006

Dude if you line-X the entire truck you absolutely have to post the pictures of it! I've seen it done before and I'm not sure if I like it or not. My uncle did line-x all along the bottom of his dodge and it actually looks really nice. It matches up with the black bumpers really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will for sure. I'm hoping to get it done before next winter. I've seen a couple entire trucks done and I really like it. It just looks tough as nails which is exactly what I need. What I can't decide on is if I want to get it matched to my trucks original color, silver, or just do it in the regular black.

I will for sure. I'm hoping to get it done before next winter. I've seen a couple entire trucks done and I really like it. It just looks tough as nails which is exactly what I need. What I can't decide on is if I want to get it matched to my trucks original color, silver, or just do it in the regular black.

something to think about if you change the color to black you will also have to change your documents with the state to have the new color. Possible the title as well. Not a huge deal but something to think about.

• Like 1

something to think about if you change the color to black you will also have to change your documents with the state to have the new color. Possible the title as well. Not a huge deal but something to think about.

Good call, that might make my decision easier to make! Haha. Do I really wanna deal with the state...hmmm...most likely not haha
  • Like 2

With the American made comments in the thread, thought I would share a few numbers. The AALA is just true NORTH American made content. (The Ford would go down if mexico and Canada were removed.). The KOGOD takes into consideration $$ in America from R&D, Assembly, profit margins and factors in where the profits actually go.  

AALA % KOGOD%
Ford F150 70 85
Toyota  Tundra 65 73.5
Chevy  Silverado 45 72.5
Dodge Ram1500 59 59.5
Nissan Titan 10 59

• Like 1

With the American made comments in the thread, thought I would share a few numbers. The AALA is just true NORTH American made content. (The Ford would go down if mexico and Canada were removed.). The KOGOD takes into consideration $$ in America from R&D, Assembly, profit margins and factors in where the profits actually go.  
    AALA % KOGOD%
Ford F150 70 85
Toyota  Tundra 65 73.5
Chevy  Silverado 45 72.5
Dodge Ram1500 59 59.5
Nissan Titan 10 59

Another reason why I love my Fords!

1 hour ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Another reason why I love my Fords!

I guess everyone has horror stories. The last Ford F150 I had. in first 25k miles had rear end issue. rebuild with King pinion and bearings. Then vacuum pump and 4 vacuum hubs up front. Evap codes that started at 45k and never could find the issue (in to dealer 4 times and I finally just kept clearign it and getting it inspected before it popped again...lol). blew a 2 plug out of the aluminum head and that ended up being a heicoil fix. The Ford F150 I had prior to that was bullet proof for the 150,000 I had it. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, steve863 said:

I always get a kick out of these truck threads.  Guys claiming that Ford is better than Chevy, or Dodge is better than both, yet everyone seems to give a laundry list of repairs they've had to make.  Get a Toyota or Nissan and you'll be driving while the other American trucks will be in the shop needing repairs! LOL
I get the "buy American" thing, but if I'm coughing up $50 grand for a truck, I want something that will last a while and from all reports (these threads included), buying the American truck will not give you that.

You just did the same thing . My brother in law drives one of those Toyota pick ups ,he's waiting for his number to come up so he can have the entire frame replaced .

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I guess everyone has horror stories. The last Ford F150 I had. in first 25k miles had rear end issue. rebuild with King pinion and bearings. Then vacuum pump and 4 vacuum hubs up front. Evap codes that started at 45k and never could find the issue (in to dealer 4 times and I finally just kept clearign it and getting it inspected before it popped again...lol). blew a 2 plug out of the aluminum head and that ended up being a heicoil fix. The Ford F150 I had prior to that was bullet proof for the 150,000 I had it. 

I have a relative with a Ford 150 and I think the only thing he hasn't had replaced on it is the steering wheel.  LOL

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:41 PM, mlammerhirt said:

I guessing front end.....Basically rebuilt my entire front end on my 09 trailblazer.....Going foreign next

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have owned many brands of cars and trucks. None are without their problems. I chuckle sometimes when someone buys a used vehicle maybe 5+ years old and is surprised some things break.

• Like 1

I'll join in, 2 weeks ago I got this. Went in to lease a sierra slt double cab with the 6.2l v8, they couldn't find one so they gave this to me for the same ptice. Waaaayyy fancier than I'm used to but it's a damn nice ride.
20170401_150656.jpg

Whoa! I've got the SLT and my lease is up soon, I was considering buying it but if they'll put me in a Denali I'd pounce on it!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Whoa! I've got the SLT and my lease is up soon, I was considering buying it but if they'll put me in a Denali I'd pounce on it!

Like I said they tried to get me the slt I wanted, but in the color I wanted and with the 6.2l with a double cab they couldn't find one. So for the next 3 years I get the denali. taking it to the keys in june, the cooled seats will be greatly appreciated then!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Like I said they tried to get me the slt I wanted, but in the color I wanted and with the 6.2l with a double cab they couldn't find one. So for the next 3 years I get the denali. taking it to the keys in june, the cooled seats will be greatly appreciated then!

Thats great. Id take cooled seats over heated every time

My 6 year old Tacoma has been a pretty good truck.......92,000+ miles and all I've done to it is front (or was it rear?) brakes.

Sure, I'm on the third set of tires (counting the OEM) and it isn't super fuel efficient for a "little" truck but when it comes to resale AND reliability, I think it's a winner.  Certainly by about 6 million miles it's been by far my "Best Value" vehicle.

I probably haven't bought as many rigs as some guys but I do know I've had two Fords (a '83 Ranger and a '91 F150) and three new GM p/u trucks ('93, '96 and '02).  Also had one new GM 3500 van I bought new. 

Nothing has come close to the Toyota, for what it's worth.

Last week I was in a Orlando Florida GM dealer having a recall done on a 2008 Pontiac Vibe and noted a lady that seemed pretty upset.  Seems her 4 week (ya, FOUR weeks) old Silverado p/u 2x4 had gone into a limp mode while tooling around the local area.  She had towed her 24' camper down to Disney a couple days before and then after a day or so the computer went bonkers.....

The dealer thought they had it figured out and she left the lot, only to get a mile down the road when the rig went tits up again.  She was on vacation and not thrilled with how things were going.  I NEVER said a word about how much better Toyota vehicles were though.  :)

It's all a crap shoot with vehicles these days, most are pretty darn good.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

taking it to the keys in june, the cooled seats will be greatly appreciated then!

That is a long trip!

I just did 1212 miles Sunday and Monday in 21.5 hrs.  I left from Kissimmee, depending on where in the keys and/or where you are, it'll be a huge cruise for you.  Condolences........................... :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

That is a long trip!

I just did 1212 miles Sunday and Monday in 21.5 hrs.  I left from Kissimmee, depending on where in the keys and/or where you are, it'll be a huge cruise for you.  Condolences........................... :)

We are headed to marathon key. We've driven down to clearwater the last two years. It's not bad at all I think. Pop movies in for the kids in the back seat and drive and relax. My wife has actually driven the last 2 years almost completely by herself, I got about 2 hours worth of driving in last year. She likes driving her suv, but I'm not sure how much she will enjoy my truck. We will leave around 3pm, make it to beckley, spend the night. Next full day down to around the everglades. Next morning take a airboat tour in the glades then a slow ride to marathon stopping wherever we wish along the way.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

We are headed to marathon key. We've driven down to clearwater the last two years. It's not bad at all I think. Pop movies in for the kids in the back seat and drive and relax. My wife has actually driven the last 2 years almost completely by herself, I got about 2 hours worth of driving in last year. She likes driving her suv, but I'm not sure how much she will enjoy my truck. We will leave around 3pm, make it to beckley, spend the night. Next full day down to around the everglades. Next morning take a airboat tour in the glades then a slow ride to marathon stopping wherever we wish along the way.

I was driving a 2008 Pontiac Vibe, not a bad little car but no luxury ride either.   Also, the Virginia and West Virginia part of the trip just beat the crap out of me with all those twists and turns plus high speed drivers.  The stress was brutal on me!

OR, just maybe my 55 years are catching up?? :)

15 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I was driving a 2008 Pontiac Vibe, not a bad little car but no luxury ride either.   Also, the Virginia and West Virginia part of the trip just beat the crap out of me with all those twists and turns plus high speed drivers.  The stress was brutal on me!

OR, just maybe my 55 years are catching up?? :)

I was going through those twists and turns 1 year ago at 3am wife and kids asleep.  All the sudden a monster doe is running straight at me. Straight  not broadside lol. I want to say I'm doing about 75 as the speed limit is a tad bit higher.  I slowly tap breaks and merge onto other lane while the doe clearly won the game of chicken never breaking stride.  about 10 seconds later came that punch in the chest adrenaline shot. Lots of deer that route. 

• Like 1

Escalade pushing 125k with no issues other than front wheel bearings at 80k covered under warranty. 

Ford truck no issues other than normal maintenance at 60k.  

Perhaps you guys need to baby these vehicles a bit more like sissy carpet in the bed of the pickups. Just sayin.   

• Like 4

Escalade pushing 125k with no issues other than front wheel bearings at 80k covered under warranty. 
Ford truck no issues other than normal maintenance at 60k.  
Perhaps you guys need to baby these vehicles a bit more like sissy carpet in the bed of the pickups. Just sayin.   

Lmao....I bought the outdoorsman model ram kinda sweet it's like the sissy get dirty version. factory full floor mats viynil type seats not cloth or leather same with head liner and all trim on doors and dash. Will be nice to wash and keep it clean. Also came with full skid plates and some other odds and ends...32 gal gas tank 17s instead of 20s I know I'm forgetting some

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gencountyzeek said:

We will be the high speed drivers, speed limit through there is 75mph, I believe. Depending on how good or bad of gas mileage I'll get the cruise will be set anywhere from 80 to 84.

70mph was the top speed I saw but admittedly, my eyes were closed most of the time and I might not have seen a 75 sign. :rofl:

Edited by Lawdwaz