2017 Live from the turkey woods thread

turkeyfeathers

13 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

The boom stick, I'm thinking me putting of my shoulder surgery was a bad idea, I can't lift my arm high enough to get my hand in my pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A nice potent turkey load should fix that right up lol. 

• Like 1

Good luck out there. I'm a fair weather sleep in turkey hunter lol. I may get out this spring.......

Rain rain rain all I have is tents and kids all over. They had a big fire and camped out after prom here. About 20 of em.

• Like 3

Took Jeff1211 out on his first turkey hunt. Would like to report a different outcome, but we neither heard nor seen anything on our initial setup. Started walking around, and got a call from my brother there were two strutter's in another field I can hunt. We hit the truck, and on the way seen two different strutter's with some hens crossing the road. Attempted to cut them off, but no luck. We're going there tomorrow morning. Hopefully they will be close by. 

Congrats to those that got out of bed, lol, and to the lucky hunters.. 

• Like 5

Took Jeff1211 out on his first turkey hunt. Would like to report a different outcome, but we neither heard nor seen anything on our initial setup. Started walking around, and got a call from my brother there were two strutter's in another field I can hunt. We hit the truck, and on the way seen two different strutter's with some hens crossing the road. Attempted to cut them off, but no luck. We're going there tomorrow morning. Hopefully they will be close by. 
Congrats to those that got out of bed, lol, and to the lucky hunters.. 

Great job mowin. Hats off to you getting him out there

• Like 1

So while I was having a 3rd cup of Java this is what was happening in front of the blind I sat in yesterday ...seeing nothing Cams right in front of the blind, on the mulberry tree...Oh well both look to be hens. Ya I know dates off, my doing but times right...Maybe the boys will show in the snow tomorrow...yes very foggy out there cold front on it's way.

05080007.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Great job mowin. Hats off to you getting him out there

Thanks..

I think he's having a good time.  Lol. 

Giving it another shot tomorrow.  

I get as much or more enjoyment watching/helping someone get there first critter, than I do shooting it myself. 

I had a really great time. I'm having just as much fun learning to track them down and the more important part of hunting than just the shooting. Hopefully tomorrow we'll get a chance at some, would like to bring my first home!

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Now nothing though. Maybe i over did it, but man it was fun pissing those hens off

They fly down ? Henned up ?  May have to call lead hen and have her drag her bf.   Sounds like she already didn't like the new girl in town. 

Alls quiet here.