My re-do buck is done

LET EM GROW

Looks much better- more realistic and almost looks like a different deer. Now if you really want to make it look even better, get it off that ugly steel door and onto a nice wall. Lol.

valoroutdoors.com

Edited by CharlieNY
Add
  • Like 1

Looks much better- more realistic and almost looks like a different deer. Now if you really want to make it look even better, get it off that ugly steel door and onto a nice wall. Lol.
valoroutdoors.com

Pic was from the shop wall when I picked him up Friday.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The original was completely formed up with playdoh, yes playdoh lol and some sort of twine it was ridiculous. The eye sockets still moved bc playdoh never set up. it was horrible. I saved the old form and am going to set an old skull cap back on it and use it in the woods, either with the trail cameras or as a joke with my neighbor during season lol.  

IMG955666.jpg

Were you able to save the old hide or was that a total loss?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Total loss. A 215lbs dressed whitetail turned into a 2 yr old looking doe lol. Plus he used borax or some sort on the inside of the hide instead of fleshing it and tanning it!! What a joke. b21cb9d1c10aa0453ecc04a62e16e7ed.jpg

Total loss. A 215lbs dressed whitetail turned into a 2 yr old looking doe lol. Plus he used borax or some sort on the inside of the hide instead of fleshing it and tanning it!! What a joke. b21cb9d1c10aa0453ecc04a62e16e7ed.jpg&key=c6213a413a5cf9ae80e285fe9d654ebb79a9bab9c9ebcaf24baeb86763b402b3

That's a shame at least now you can have fun with the old one

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I like my redo mount but wish I could have my original cape back. Beautiful early October hide with lots of white on the brisket. The replacement looks pretty close. I forgot the play-doh though...damn it!!!
19955976_1934138396846607_5280210854101554385_o.jpg

We can redo it again!

I have a re-do myself. Definitely lesson learned ! Looks awesome, and prob feels real good to finally do that deer justice.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Agreed. Lesson learned. The original cape would have been nice but this one is a big boy and a beauty with color. Dark for head too.