Is this real

Tughill Tamer

I found these pictures on Facebook and we all know if it's on the internet it must be real. Do you think that deer ( in this case it looks like a muley) can really jump the road with this height or have these pictures been doctored?408f6a7bbdaf10938890541aa03d242f.jpg&key=24b114a9dd11e757b0bd47ed8abde0e6436e6822e1c3334a96e7ca7bb79b9eae58abb4b7d7a80dd45cfa8c6f0497297b.jpg&key=f7f40b9f50ac8ed47b585f4936c08422d20b669f02d15f292c6ba47c48fc493a2fea35cb4223d1949d6dce5d09daa7af.jpg&key=1d124aecfae43e40c6a935b7eadbdc355e549b2517ef771dc7da64f15b4420c1
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

That my friend is an elk

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Muley or Elk, the left side of the road is a ridge so it looks like it already had a good 5 feet of elevation before it even jumped.  The road is a single land road so it what?  8 feet wide tops?  I'd say it could make that jump without any problems.

• Like 2

That picture first showed up on the net April 3, here's another I found . Now this one I even more sure has been doctored .

image.pngThis one is real its off one of my cams.

image.png

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 2

Is it real? Or could he do it? ...yes he could do it

To the real..well think about this...there is a guy taking a picture of two people driving away at some distance that happened to stop get out of their car to take a picture of this stag jumping out of the brush/woods.

1. Either  there was a very big herd of them and this is the shot that was gotten and posted. 

2. It would have to  be a fake...how would they know that this stag was going to jump..not just one person but people on ether side

Yes they can jump even higher than that regardless if its real or not.  I think it is,  probably had a bunch crossing the road this is why both cars stopped to take a pic.  The angle is also a factor on why it looks so high when in reality he is probably 8 ft high, no problem from a 4 ft burm. 

That's a good point, those Russian driving / crashing/ fighting videos off dash cams are good entertainment !

Two,guys I work with have dash cams and I want to get one as well , that would explain it being captured mid air and multiple  times .

Maybe it is real .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, growalot said:

So what was the guy driving away doing, looking at his back up cam?...Do you know how fast that would happen ? How would they have known to stop, get out with a camera or binoculars and turn around to see him jumping behind them?

The picture could have easily been taken during a hunt in progress.  As I've said they hunt big game with dogs in many regions of Europe, so who is to say that two vehicles didn't hear and see dogs howling and chasing deer across the road and then both stopped and snapped pictures?  Could very easy be the case here.   

Edited by steve863
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, steve863 said:

The picture could have easily been taken during a hunt in progress.  As I've said they hunt big game with dogs in many regions of Europe, so who is to say that two vehicles didn't hear and see dogs howling and chasing deer across the road and then both stopped and snapped pictures?  Could very easy be the case here.   

I have a friend who got to witness a very large and very organized driven hunt somewhere overseas. He took lots of pictures so it would not surprise me at all if folks were there waiting to see what came out. 

Now I'll have to look on his FB to see where he was. France maybe. 

1 hour ago, growalot said:

So what was the guy driving away doing, looking at his back up cam?...Do you know how fast that would happen ? How would they have known to stop, get out with a camera or binoculars and turn around to see him jumping behind them?

Because they were already out ? The pulsable explanation would be this . The car with the two folks out and taking pictures, stop to take a picture of some random thing along the road ,as they do this an approaching car with a dash camera is driving towards them, then this deer / stag/ elk thing jumps across the road between them .

The pics still look fishy to me, but the dash cam would explain having multiple shots .

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

I don't find it to be that far fetched, I would think anyone with the right photography equipment could very easily capture photos of that quality, especially if they're anticipating the shot. I was in Rocky Mountain National Park a few months back and there would always be numerous cars pulled over with people taking photographs of the animals with high end equipment.