What do you do for hunting permission

Buckmaster7600

Besides buying the family farm, marrying the right girl has worked out well for me.   I worked very hard when I was young and single.  I was the only grandkid that helped out much with the tough tasks like haying and cleaning stalls.   All that sweat and drudgery eventually paid off, proving to me again that it really is better to give than to receive.      

I married the farmers daughter , it was a steep price for sure but I'm lazy and it seemed like an easy route .

Each Oct she says " see you around Christmas " .......

I work  about 3 days a week and have 9 weeks off pre year as well .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 3

Besides buying the family farm, marrying the right girl has worked out well for me.   I worked very hard when I was young and single.  I was the only grandkid that helped out much with the tough tasks like haying and cleaning stalls.   All that sweat and drudgery eventually paid off, proving to me again that it really is better to give than to receive.      

My brother and I own all but 20 acres of the home farm but I get bored staring at the same trees and same fields on our 200 acre farm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I married the farmers daughter , it was a steep price for sure but I'm lazy and it seemed like an easy route .

Each Oct she says " see you around Christmas " .......

I work  about 3 days a week and have 9 weeks off pre year as well .

Do you take apprentices?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

My brother and I own all but 20 acres of the home farm but I get bored staring at the same trees and same fields on our 200 acre farm.

I can relate to that.  Between my parent's farm and our's, I have about 100 acres to hunt for myself.  It can get boring at times.  That is where my wife's parent's place, which is adjacent to the 6.5 million acre Adirondack park, comes in handy.  It never gets boring up there.   When and if I retire, that is probably where we will stay.

18 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Well I have two single daughters, debt free good jobs, gun owners and hunters . If you're a decent guy , you could hit the jackpot .

IMG_4949.JPG

IMG_4950.PNG

You just gave Pygmy an open invitation. Good luck to you Sir, having Pygmy as a son-in-law should be interesting.

• Like 2

Well I have two single daughters, debt free good jobs, gun owners and hunters . If you're a decent guy , you could hit the jackpot .

IMG_4949.JPG

IMG_4950.PNG

I just realized you changed your handle? What happened to Larry? And congrats on the pretty girls with good heads on their shoulders.

20 hours ago, BigVal said:

I have 4 spots three are from knowing the owners one is from goose hunting  the property and being respectful. I used to have a killer spot not far from my house when I dated the guys daughter in high school. Unfortunately when the dates ended so did the permission. Just wasn't worth it. Lol

Haha I can only imagine this as the wingman getting the fat girl situation.

• Like 2

Buckmaster way to go above and beyond what just about everyone else would be willing to do! I've always been interested in farm work. I almost stopped once at the farm down the road as they where collecting hay bails to see if they needed an extra hand free of charge but I only had an hour to spare.

On 9/18/2017 at 11:01 PM, ....rob said:

You just gave Pygmy an open invitation. Good luck to you Sir, having Pygmy as a son-in-law should be interesting.

Definitely would be interesting having Pygmy as a son-in-law. 

What would totally freak me out would be having a son-in-law who is older than me.  Hell, my son-in-law should be coming to my funeral, not me going to his!! LOL