Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Thanks guys. It’s good to have the first one in the freezer. I have a goal of taking a deer with each weapon this year. Tonight was probably my last bow hunt. On to crossbow Saturday. Threw a frozen milk jug in the cavity and letting it sit tonight. Will get it quartered up tomorrow after work. 

I had an antlerless superfecta last year, bow/rifle/shotgun/muzzleloader.
A rack would have been nice though lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I had an antlerless superfecta last year, bow/rifle/shotgun/muzzleloader.
A rack would have been nice though lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I haven't shot a deer with a gun ( besides the special dmfa season) In 4 years! i'm intentionally saving a doe tag this year till gun season to break in my rifle. I've taken 10 deer with a bow since then. 4 day weekends for 4 straight weeks begin when i get out of work at 7 am. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, growalot said:

Another  washout...yesterday mist turned to a down pour and it hadn't stopped..suppose to clear around 10 a.m....good thing we have a lot of left over venison...:mda:

This rain may have had them laying low all night and once it stops they will be up to feed and look for does. If it lets up later this am or early afternoon, it might be a golden time to be out there, so keep an eye on the radar, sharpen your knives and be ready to head out.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Ya did that . I shut it off at 34%  so if needed I could turn on and use .

I turned it on and it went to the red line battery and shut off dead .

it died while turned off 

I bought one of those battery packs that you plug into it when it's dead. Mine is from radio shack but similar to this. I leave it right in my pack warm or cold it has worked great. I charged mine last season didn't use it and had to use it this season, didn't think it would have a charge and was only down one light. Well worth it in an emergency.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/50000MAh-Power-Bank-Portable-2-USB-Output-Interface-For-All-Digital-Device-white-gray/257495267?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=7728&adid=22222222227071953900&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=182799627047&wl4=pla-477746435272&wl5=9005776&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=115059135&wl11=online&wl12=257495267&wl13=&veh=sem

4 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Just had a rack buck chase 2 does by at 30yds.

On a side note does anyone make a decent tree umbrella? I'm on my 3rd one in 2 years I have tried the ameristep and field and stream both broke and I broke another one this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are they breaking?? 

I carry a leatherman type tool now or even very small channel locks because its tough as hell to unscrew the rod when it's wet. Broke off more than one tip. Found a place that actually had the parts and ordered them. I then grabbed more umbrellas  when they have after season close outs. Haven't had problems since. 

How are they breaking?? 

I carry a leatherman type tool now or even very small channel locks because its tough as hell to unscrew the rod when it's wet. Broke off more than one tip. Found a place that actually had the parts and ordered them. I then grabbed more umbrellas  when they have after season close outs. Haven't had problems since. 

I have broken a rod, a hinge and the cheap plastic lock.

13 hours ago, CanastotaCamo said:

All: quick question but don’t want to start a new thread. My dad is coming to hunt with me next Thursday the 8th through Monday the 13th. Is this going to be too late for rut activity? Will this be that lock down lull time? I’d like to here from you guys/gals that hunted central ny for years. Thanks.

Heck no should be prime time. They just started hounding doe they should be in full rut by then.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I have broken a rod, a hinge and the cheap plastic lock.

Honestly, I don't use them much but the only problem I've had is the rod. And mine are older. I'm sure they've tweaked the manufacturing process so that they're built like crap 

29 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

On a side note does anyone make a decent tree umbrella? I'm on my 3rd one in 2 years I have tried the ameristep and field and stream both broke and I broke another one this morning.

This is the one I keep meaning to buy, but I haven't caught it on sale yet.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/hunting/hunting-treestands/treestand-accessories/pc/104791680/c/104783580/sc/104649480/hawk-wingspan-ultimate-tree-umbrella/1837467.uts?slotId=3

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I have a gorilla and had it about 4 years now I only use for rain, I had to re-tie one of the metal springs back onto the canopy but that was about it for breakage. I did loose the little snap pin but still works fine.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gorilla-Gear-Tree-Stand-Umbrella-Mossy-Oak/20932720

Edited by chas0218
Added link