Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Got in before light, saw a shooter buck 80 yards away, at 8am, nose to the ground, then he was gone. Nothing after that. Changed location around 1, sat to dark, nadda. Be back out in the morning. Things can change in an instant!

• Like 1

Well I saw my 3rd deer in 7 days. It was a button buck!  He walked right passed me then crosses my trail in. He came right back on my trail right up to the apple core I threw away sniffed it and walked away!  Crazy little critter. He did look tastyle at this point! Lol

• Like 2

Got down about 630 as I was covered up in deer. Saw 14 tonight, 3 were small bucks with the biggest being a 4pt. Also had a gray fox pup I think right under me. It was barking and crying and scattered the 14 that we're all around me. Shot some cool video. I'll try to upload to YouTube and post.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

What a night...nothing until right at close and I look up the lane way and see a deer crest a small knoll. I had to unpack the binos and saw it was a big buck..I believe the one I had kicked up...it was getting dark fast and I needed to get that decoy out of the field. I Didn't want to spook him...he made a scarpe and marked  his hocks then moved a bit closer to feed, about 80 yrds out. I could count his tines..it was the 10 pt..I decided to finish packing up and unplugged my extra battery from my phone...Well that lit the screen and  hear a snort and 3 flags go up behind the decoy..I was so intent on the buck I never saw them come in and it  was pretty dark..Well at least inside the blind..out side was way lighter out. Anyways the buck lifted his head and stretched out his neck as far as it could go. The wind moved the decoys head and he swung and bound away..

Now I know what time during the day he could move and that he will come up the lane way...t h e doe came in from the opposite direction..Will get the climber out tomorrow if I don't get a buck in the morning  at the swamp

• Like 1

Shot right under a nontypical 8 or 9 point tonight at 40, didn’t spook him though he hung around 70-80 yards, then passed on a spike. Still not chasing but are on there feet moving 1-2 hours before dark. Any day now that first doe in heat is going to set things off.

Edited by Hock3y24
  • Like 2

What a night...nothing until right at close and I look up the lane way and see a deer crest a small knoll. I had to unpack the binos and saw it was a big buck..I believe the one I had kicked up...it was getting dark fast and I needed to get that decoy out of the field. I Didn't want to spook him...he made a scarpe and marked  his hocks then moved a bit closer to feed, about 80 yrds out. I could count his tines..it was the 10 pt..I decided to finish packing up and unplugged my extra battery from my phone...Well that lit the screen and  hear a snort and 3 flags go up behind the decoy..I was so intent on the buck I never saw them come in and it  was pretty dark..Well at least inside the blind..out side was way lighter out. Anyways the buck lifted his head and stretched out his neck as far as it could go. The wind moved the decoys head and he swung and bound away..
Now I know what time during the day he could move and that he will come up the lane way...t h e doe came in from the opposite direction..Will get the climber out tomorrow if I don't get a buck in the morning  at the swamp

I (we) was close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

So guys where should I sit tomorrow am.... the ridge top stand or the creek bottom stand I can’t make up
My mind as[mention=7930]jmp5008[/mention] will be hunting the food plot

Where’s the food plot? I’ll hunt the other corner!

nothing but one old guy tonight... oh well, that’s how it goes sometimes. I know I’m late to the bacon conversation but I feel I need to add my bacon preference. Microwave, about 45 seconds, drives my wife nuts. You can suck it down like a wet spaghetti and it doesn’t taste like burnt wood as she prefers.

Where’s the food plot? I’ll hunt the other corner!

Food plot is almost the halfway point between the two.... it’s only about 50 yards wide you and@jmp5008 can wink and smile at each other all morning.

Saw my #1 tonight! He was ~125 yards away walking the edge of a cut cornfield, heading directly towards me! Heart was thumping!! As he got closer, I guess he got lazy and decided to cut across the corner of the cornfield. I tried grunting a few times, but he only stopped to look and kept on walking. Damn it!! I ranged him at 75 yards, the closest he came to me.

195057.jpg

• Like 14

Food plot is almost the halfway point between the two.... it’s only about 50 yards wide you and[mention=7930]jmp5008[/mention] can wink and smile at each other all morning.

I’m in. PM address. I’ll be there at 630

Saw my #1 tonight! He was ~125 yards away walking the edge of a cut cornfield, heading directly towards me! Heart was thumping!! As he got closer, I guess he got lazy and decided to cut across the corner of the cornfield. I tried grunting a few times, but he only stopped to look and kept on walking. Damn it!! I ranged him at 75 yards, the closest he came to me.

195057.jpg&key=ea86d52ead8c8e2c521623e0f6db9fe97e02b2459ab58a9cd7bda2e9c52e3934

Pretty 10- super symmetrical.

Edit- he’s actual an 11 right?

I’m in. PM address. I’ll be there at 630

Well if a good buck comes in the plot I’m
Sure he won’t last long with a arrow In each side

Well if a good buck comes in the plot I’m
Sure he won’t last long with a arrow In each side

4 holes better than 2. This applies to all aspects of life, btw

• Like 2

4 holes better than 2. This applies to all aspects of life, btw

Hahahhaha I couldn’t agree more.... I can think of a few times where I’ve enjoyed 4 holes.... most of them involved a lot of alcohol

Out all day tomorrow except for an hr drive between spots. But im hoping to have one down by 8.  Havent released an arrow in 2 years and im so ready to let one fly. But latley ide be happy just seeing one.

And my buddy shot an ugly 5 running up and down the ridge he was on this am. 3rd time through he couldnt take it anymore and took him at 20 yards.  Guessing hot doe went through and the little guy  couldnt figure out which way she went.

• Like 2