Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

8 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

1215pm and zero morning kills. I love it. More bucks for me and my xbow.

Take that you elitist anti full inclusion bowhunting punks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deer farm tomorrow?  Er I mean guided hunt?

• Like 3

Deer farm tomorrow?  Er I mean guided hunt?

Not hunting Four Season’s farm. Spot and stalk with compound in 3S in the morning, followed by 3N with xbow in the afternoon. Hopefully see some chasing

d5534717ee9a928342e9f3cb792fc66e.jpg

I walk around with compound behind this (but WT version)

• Like 2

Why wait for him to leave moog? You could have went buckmaster on that buck and snuck to within 10 yds and pop him.

Was thinking the same thing. I assume bad wind or no cover for a stalk

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Was thinking the same thing. I assume bad wind or no cover for a stalk

He watched me too at bottom of pasture by truck.  Left unconcerned.   It's by the rd.  Had plenty of time to Bino him.  Nice buck that we have never seen.  Somebody also locked up brakes down the rd a bit.  No doubt deer crossing. 

Edited by moog5050

2 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

He watched me too at bottom of pasture by truck.  Left unconcerned.   It's by the rd.  Had plenty of time to Bino him.  Nice buck that we have never seen.  

cruising mid-day is a good sign. He's obviously looking to pork a doe.

I guess I was 30min too late but we will see. 

I think I said it yesterday, 11-2 the magic time. The last pic I have of My # 1 (mature 7pt) Target was midday. I wasn’t hunting that day unfortunately.

071e6924300b72113d07ded4eb8c1072.jpg

• Like 2

Bringing a coworker out to the private lot in 6g for the afternoon watch. I have never hunted with him before but we have talked about getting out for a hunt. He claims to be (THE Hunter )we'll see. I think he's a nice guy just has alot of BS. Good luck everyone

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Bringing a coworker out to the private lot in 6g for the afternoon watch. I have never hunted with him before but we have talked about getting out for a hunt. He claims to be (THE Hunter )we'll see. I think he's a nice guy just has alot of BS. Good luck everyone

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Any possible motives for why he would want to be in the woods with you? Next thing you know:

you are dead after he “accidentally” shoots you

Your wife collects the life insurance

The she marries your killer

Good luck tonight

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Have two good sets to use it today and tomorrow but for the first time all season, I have high hopes for this afternoon.  Had to wait for a nice 11pt to leave to set up.  Watched him for 5 min from about 250yds.  Real nice buck.  Hope he is cruising all day.  

should've channeled your inner Grampy.  too bad.  Phade will shoot it.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Papist said:

8:33 am this morning, working a large scrape. Nice rack, skinny body. Would have to think about this one b4 shooting:

2017_NOV_BUCK.jpg

Yea, I would really have to think for about 2 full seconds before shooting.

• Like 4

First thing I did was kick out a good racked buck going into blind..no snorting . I decided not to change plan and I set up bobbin head buck with buck in rut scent and doe on either side in trees ind blew in good..until I set him up near dead calm now. LOL leveled very well so he is still wagging his tail and turning and bobbing his head

1509734539641-1425326611.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, growalot said:

First thing I did was kick out a good racked buck going into blind..no snorting . I decided not to change plan and I set up bobbin head buck with buck in rut scent and doe on either side in trees ind blew in good..until I set him up near dead calm now. LOL leveled very well so he is still wagging his tail and turning and bobbing his head

1509734539641-1425326611.jpg

I told you that you would shoot a buck this afternoon, but you just kicked him out. I cannot guarantee he comes back, so all bets off now.

• Like 1

Well had 2 more yotes just before I got out of the stand at 11:45. Again 70 yards out. Gave some clucks with diaphragm call. They stopped but wouldn't come in.
Dried the clothes, carried a second chair out to the blind and added a wider shooting shelf. The kid and I will be there in the morning with the xbow

Down in the deep hole stand now. Dragged in an estrous doe line. Had to zip tie in a new licking branch to the primary scrape in my right lane. They broke the last one. Pulled the card hopefully I have a pick of what did that. That camera pretty much takes pics when it wants

3.5 hours cmon deerzez!

• Like 3