Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Good luck to you hardcore dudes out there. I might have to go for a walk later and see if i cant figure out where the stinkin deer are. I am definitely not going to sit in a stand for 7 hrs again,that was the worst yesterday.

I dont care if I spook deer,at least I get to see some.

Edited by BowmanMike
spelling

9 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Good luck to you hardcore dudes out there. I might have to go for a walk later and see if i cant figure out where the stinkin deer are. I am definitely not going to sit in a stand for 7 hrs again,that was the worst yesterday.

I dont care if I spook deer,at least I get to see some.

yeah sitting in this weather in a treestand isnt even close to fun.  I am not going out til Sat afternoon.  But if you are out on a walkabout its a good idea.  Windy so deer will have a hard time picking out movement. a stalk with a crossbow might pay off.  Plus its just warmer to be walking.  good luck. 

• Like 1

This is when hunting in a management program (3s)sucks- I need to "pin in" my location so others know where everyone is to not step on their hunt - first and only in parking lot this morning, go to pin in and some nimrod has his pin in "my spot," This is the only parking area so my thought is this d-bagged pinned in last night( I was last out yesterday- no pin in board) and decided to come late or not at all. Enough bitching- set up here for the first time so not sure of surrounding sign but I do love me some Rock walls.
058af606de4cc47e74e75fe0c31edcdd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

You seriously counted all 90 bedding spots?

Yes ...Now you'll love this..That was just her golden rod field..20 or so acres out of 100....So when I say sanctuary...even I didn't have a clue as to how true that is...I didn't even think deer would bed in an area like that.

• Like 1

Yes ...Now you'll love this..That was just her golden rod field..20 or so acres out of 100....So when I say sanctuary...even I didn't have a clue as to how true that is...I didn't even think deer would bed in an area like that.

You should take an aerial photo to confirm that you didn't find a crop circle formation!!!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I just spent the last ten minutes trying to grunt in a plastic bag stuck in the bushes 100 yards away that looked like a deers ass.

I was waiting for a buck to come closer to me for an eternity,he was 130 yds off. Turned out it was a long low branch that had some leaves on it still,and it would swing occasionally half hidden behind tree trunks. 

I am the big white hunter...haha

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

yeah sitting in this weather in a treestand isnt even close to fun.  I am not going out til Sat afternoon.  But if you are out on a walkabout its a good idea.  Windy so deer will have a hard time picking out movement. a stalk with a crossbow might pay off.  Plus its just warmer to be walking.  good luck. 

I would be stalking with a vertical bow. I could take the thick gloves off just long enough to draw and shoot. 

It is miserable out there,i just fed our horses and it feels like 5 degrees.

The deer have to be on eastern slopes in this,right?

3 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I would be stalking with a vertical bow. I could take the thick gloves off just long enough to draw and shoot. 

dunno bout the deer buts that where i would be if it got me out of that wind for sure.   I hate groundblinds but its days like this I always think I should have at least one setup. 

• Like 1

This is when hunting in a management program (3s)sucks- I need to "pin in" my location so others know where everyone is to not step on their hunt - first and only in parking lot this morning, go to pin in and some nimrod has his pin in "my spot," This is the only parking area so my thought is this d-bagged pinned in last night( I was last out yesterday- no pin in board) and decided to come late or not at all. Enough bitching- set up here for the first time so not sure of surrounding sign but I do love me some Rock walls.
058af606de4cc47e74e75fe0c31edcdd.jpg&key=2104f8d48dfaf5e9624a29ee8bcf790de14446c4b50a68eff0ade76c1969953a

What park?

Here’s East!

85897c033f95e4b4b2d8ebebf98c1342.jpg

It only takes 5 minutes for things to change

Yeah, like my mind 5 minutes after getting here in this wind. Brutal right now.

Had 5 little ones feed through about 7am.

I'm singing "Surprise, your dead" by Faith no more" over and over this morning.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, crappyice said:

You should take an aerial photo to confirm that you didn't find a crop circle formation!!!

Maybe Crappy...because on c e again the UPS guy along with the land owner behind us told me this week of the 60 or so deer that they count in his 30 acre field at night..Even my son has driven by to see them...I have yet to see more than 20 in the field....I suppose they had to bed some where .

Hilltop Hanover

Ha. I’m only a few miles from you. I️ pass it on my right coming here. I️ never see deer in the fields from the road but I always look