Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Sitting in new spot tonight so i was on the ground. I jumped 4pt on my way in. 415 big 8 comes in 15yards looks away i start my draw he turns and catches me and jumps away. 10mins later comes by at 100mph with a doe. First time in 2 years ive had a chance to draw on a deer. Gotta love bow hunting. Hopefully saturday is good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

If you aren’t nice to me I️ won’t keep the muff you suggested in the hero pic tonight

47643a90dd56e56e86a0f400a41e9a80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got one this season.  Love it!  It's like spooning the gf and warming up my hand under her boobs.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Another good day, but I screwed up being turned around when 2 does walked the middle of the creek just below my ground blind on a ridge.  Couldn't sneak into a ready position before the trailer was obscured by brush.  Stupid.

On the plus side, saw another fisher in the am, 5 turkeys and a porcupine sniffing around the base of my tree.  For the grand finale, I took 2 steps to walk out after dismounting my evening stand and had a deer blow hard at me.  Figures.

Back at it tomorrow morning! :D

Edited by Jdubs
  • Like 1

Well the day after I post I saw I have only seen one buck in my life; i see 2 this morning. Sat from 530am to 446pm and no deer after 830.

But I saw 2 bucks in one day. Breaking records this year.

Pretty boring rest of the day tho.

First was a spike.

2nd was a big body looked like a 4.

Hindsight being what it is I should have taken the 4.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

So what seemed to be and should be the middle of the rut after 14 hrs. of sitting in stands in the last four days. Not a deer seen.   Scrapes are not being worked, no tracks. or sign of any movement. They must be have found a new place to get it on here in 8H.

12 minutes ago, Steve D said:

So what seemed to be and should be the middle of the rut after 14 hrs. of sitting in stands in the last four days. Not a deer seen.   Scrapes are not being worked, no tracks. or sign of any movement. They must be have found a new place to get it on here in 8H.

You're not alone

8H ? Oh man, that unit is on lockdown already. Try again next year, 10/1/18.

Just kidding. It will come!

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

8H ? Oh man, that unit is on lockdown already. Try again next year, 10/1/18.

Looked on last week...bucks with does, bucks trying to cut in, and daylight movement. This week has been completely dead and having a tough time just finding tracks  less than three days old. I just have to figure out where they are having the party.

Damn CW what broadhead you using? Does it self-stitch after ripping a hole in it? Got some Good Eats there!!! Nice

I shot her with a spitfire Maxx head, the entrance is higher than you can really see in the pic, she was 6yds away and quartered away so it exited right out the opposite front leg, cut the top of the heart off. I've shot 3 deer and a coyote now with those heads and none went over 50 yds.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

What a crappy week, hunted morning and night and a whopping total of three does and two bucks since the time has gone back,, all I can figure is the full moon and maybe mid day movement which I am unable to hunt,, going to get my sorry ass up and do it all again tomorrow just needed to vent, glad to hear Im not alone :)

Edited by Bowshotmuzzleloader
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bowshotmuzzleloader said:

going to get my sorry ass up and do it all again tomorrow just needed to vent, glad to hear Im not alone :)

Good Luck...I am sitting out a couple of days for the weather and some rest (I hope)

• Like 1

Sitting out tomorrow as well....never like not being on stand this time of year, but with a high of 25 and 15mph+ winds, and having to dress like the marshmallow man i dont think anything beneficial will come of it. I know you need to be in it to win it, but I think letting my spot rest tomorrow will help my chances sat afternoon and Sunday morning.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here's a wild statement- I have NEVER seen rutting activity in my 10 years of bow hunting - no vocalizations, no chasing, no scraping or rubbing of trees, no bucks fighting...while i am in stand - I know it must happen but I also know that I am not able to be I he woods for any consistent chunk of time/days in a row based on my teaching schedule. I know it MUST happen but I have just never hit it right: maybe I will get to see it in 9 hours after an Evan Williams induced nap that is set to commence in 5, 4, 3, 2.....zzzzzz

• Like 3