Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

For all of you crazies out in the woods, here's something to warm you up. Venison heart and eggs. I'm cold just looking out the window! 0889a1f8d0e479df5aa30c55915afa22.jpg&key=528899270d61d35528ace73484765222643ac643058de85f78a37c8749c7d94e

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Not cool cW. I just tried to eat a peanut chew and almost broke my tooth!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Ha. I’m only a few miles from you. I️ pass it on my right coming here. I️ never see deer in the fields from the road but I always look

There are never deer in those fields or where ever I sit it seems!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, growalot said:

Note going to lie...just not into it. I'm Tired ,I'm beyond sore, I'm discouraged.20 degrees feels like 9 and 18 mph winds with snow on the ground..I spent 2 days walking around in their bedrooms and yesterday said ,screw it and leaf blew half of The trails across the street...which I'm sure blew right back in WTH. Too dangerous to even think of being in our woods with these winds. I Do know a few things now....like I counted 90...Yes that's right 90 beds in the neighbors golden rod...then 23 scraps on the neighbors swamp on the other side of me..lost count of rubs..... Now my middle of woods cam had 155  pics in two days.since Apple's dropped...Oh and they ate every single oat nut off the mature oats and are now bedding in them....with all that we saw just 2 deer in 2 days on over 300 acres..never even heard deer running away....?????

I may have missed it, but did deer search ever come back?

Guess I'm now officially old and soft! In years past, I'd be out regardless of weather conditions.  Just not going out in this wind and cold. Hunting is just an enjoyment for me now, and if I'm not enjoying myself, I'm not sitting. The fact I've already filled my buck tag does make the decision much easier though. Wishing all who are out the best of luck! Any deer killed today is well deserved! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, grampy said:

Guess I'm now officially old and soft! In years past, I'd be out regardless of weather conditions.  Just not going out in this wind and cold. Hunting is just an enjoyment for me now, and if I'm not enjoying myself, I'm not sitting. The fact I've already filled my buck tag does make the decision much easier though. Wishing all who are out the best of luck! Any deer killed today is well deserved! 

I know the feeling Grampy ... in years past If I had a Doe tag I would usually fill it opening day of gun season and then kick back and be satisfied with one in the freezer ! This year is definitely a bonus year having put a Doe down with a compound bow ( my first) and a Buck down with a crossbow (my first) it makes me wonder about even going out opening day of gun season ! I've already told my hunting buddy that I would be just as happy to do nothing more on the gun opener than drive towards him ... all day !  

Good Luck out there everybody ! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, growalot said:

Yes ...Now you'll love this..That was just her golden rod field..20 or so acres out of 100....So when I say sanctuary...even I didn't have a clue as to how true that is...I didn't even think deer would bed in an area like that.

Hopefully this snow knocks the golden rod down, 90 homeless deer in your woods

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

I just spent the last ten minutes trying to grunt in a plastic bag stuck in the bushes 100 yards away that looked like a deers ass.

LOL me and my buddy spent an hour trying to call in a garbage bag during Spring turkey. It "hung up"

• Like 3

Heres some inspiration for you freezing guys out there...neighbor sent me a pic...her grand daughters dad shot his first bow buck...Hey Eddie don't give up on the SIL land this came from that area...I couldn't be happier for him ...he's a nice guy...

GetFileAttachment.png.c513c25b3e3fbbae4c3c14ed19243373.png

Great 8

• Like 2