HERE COMES THE GUN LAWS

NOW WE ALL LOVE OUR GUNS AND MORE IMPORTANT WHAT WE USE THEM FOR ... BUT DO YOU ALL THINK THAT THERE SHOULD BE A LIMIT TO THE AMOUNT OF GUNS WE CAN OWN AND DO WE REALLY NEED MORE THAN FIVE.. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS.

Absolutely no more additional laws!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't think we need any more gun laws. The laws are ridiculous! As I am typing this my daughters school is on lockdown because apparently someone brought a (inoperable) gun into the High School. Here is a statement from their website:

At the beginning of the school day the High School administration was made aware via social media of a potential weapon being brought to campus.

At 8:15 am the High School and Middle School buildings were placed in Lock Down, authorities were notified and the students associated with the threat were located and detained.

A weapon was located and confiscated. It was inoperable and there was no ammunition found on school premises. The Saratoga County Sheriff is completing the investigation, the Lock Down is being lifted and schools will follow the regular schedule for the remainder of the day.

Now, as soon as I heard this I was obviously sick to my stomach and had no idea what was going on...Just that there was a gun and the school was on lockdown. Could this have just as easily been an operable gun and an active shooter situation. Yes and the thought of that scares the shit out of me. But what law are we going to pass that is going to stop this. Short of banning all guns and having search teams go into law abiding citizens houses looking for firearms.

I don't know what the answers are but this world is becoming a damn scary place. I don't know what the hell could poses someone to do what happened in Vegas and I don't know how you stop it. I am all for schools having armed security because I firmly believe the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ApexerER said:

I don't think we need any more gun laws. The laws are ridiculous! As I am typing this my daughters school is on lockdown because apparently someone brought a (inoperable) gun into the High School. Here is a statement from their website:

At the beginning of the school day the High School administration was made aware via social media of a potential weapon being brought to campus.

At 8:15 am the High School and Middle School buildings were placed in Lock Down, authorities were notified and the students associated with the threat were located and detained.

A weapon was located and confiscated. It was inoperable and there was no ammunition found on school premises. The Saratoga County Sheriff is completing the investigation, the Lock Down is being lifted and schools will follow the regular schedule for the remainder of the day.

Now, as soon as I heard this I was obviously sick to my stomach and had no idea what was going on...Just that there was a gun and the school was on lockdown. Could this have just as easily been an operable gun and an active shooter situation. Yes and the thought of that scares the shit out of me. But what law are we going to pass that is going to stop this. Short of banning all guns and having search teams go into law abiding citizens houses looking for firearms.

I don't know what the answers are but this world is becoming a damn scary place. I don't know what the hell could poses someone to do what happened in Vegas and I don't know how you stop it. I am all for schools having armed security because I firmly believe the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with one.

glad that they resolved the situation at your daughter's school... it is scary

25 minutes ago, ryan said:

NOW WE ALL LOVE OUR GUNS AND MORE IMPORTANT WHAT WE USE THEM FOR ... BUT DO YOU ALL THINK THAT THERE SHOULD BE A LIMIT TO THE AMOUNT OF GUNS WE CAN OWN AND DO WE REALLY NEED MORE THAN FIVE.. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS.

On a federal level this will not happen, but you shouldn't be giving Cuomo any ideas here.  He'd be more than happy to oblige.

• Like 2

I was thinking last night about the guns I lost a few years ago when my boat sank on lake ontario. It sucks they're all lost now.

I had 8. Some would lose their mind at that right? Why on earth does anyone need 8 guns!? The founding fathers had flintlocks blah, blah, blah

one small caliber rifle given to me by my father on my 12th birthday. great for plinking and small game.

one large caliber rifle. good for deer and bear that i hunt.

one smooth bore shotgun with 2 barrels. good for flying birds and those that strut with beards.

one rifled barrel shotgun good for deer in 7J where i cannot use my rifle.

one muzzleloader. good for late season deer.

3 pistols in .380, .40 and .45. All for carrying under different conditions and clothing or as home defense bedside safe.

so tell me again how crazy i am when I tell you that I owned an ARSENAL of 8 firearms and I must be crazy. Man I wish I checked that boat for leaks before I launched. 

• Like 1

They could make it illegal to own a gun , think of a gun, make finger guns or use the word gun...and it won't stop the guy intent on killing people...Tim McVeigh didn't' use a gun. The uni bomber didn't use a gun..how about all the nut job religious cults that poisoned people dead is dead...because one is scarier than the other doesn't make a difference...the 9/11 terrorist didn't use guns to kill and all they had to do was threaten the passengers with bombs to take over whether they had guns or not.

Here's an idea...try legislating against angry white men and religious nut jobs...I'd mention the other group but I don't want to be called racists:mda:lol ...You'd get the same outcome....There will always be someone and something to take their place.

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Belo said:

I was thinking last night about the guns I lost a few years ago when my boat sank on lake ontario. It sucks they're all lost now.

I had 8. Some would lose their mind at that right? Why on earth does anyone need 8 guns!? The founding fathers had flintlocks blah, blah, blah

one small caliber rifle given to me by my father on my 12th birthday. great for plinking and small game.

one large caliber rifle. good for deer and bear that i hunt.

one smooth bore shotgun with 2 barrels. good for flying birds and those that strut with beards.

one rifled barrel shotgun good for deer in 7J where i cannot use my rifle.

one muzzleloader. good for late season deer.

3 pistols in .380, .40 and .45. All for carrying under different conditions and clothing or as home defense bedside safe.

so tell me again how crazy i am when I tell you that I owned an ARSENAL of 8 firearms and I must be crazy. Man I wish I checked that boat for leaks before I launched. 

I don't think is a lot I have 10

I have way more guns than I will admit to on the Internet and I am more pro gun than anyone else I know but I do not think guns should be sold in box stores. The same kid that drooled on my groceries while cashing me out at Walmart should not be able to be selling guns the next day. In my opinion guns should be sold at gun shops by professionals, and those professionals should have the ability to deny a gun buyer if they see fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ryan said:

NO, NO 1000 times NO. Define need. You want a goobermint flunky deciding that? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I have way more guns than I will admit to on the Internet and I am more pro gun than anyone else I know but I do not think guns should be sold in box stores. The same kid that drooled on my groceries while cashing me out at Walmart should not be able to be selling guns the next day. In my opinion guns should be sold at gun shops by professionals, and those professionals should have the ability to deny a gun buyer if they see fit.

I don't understand what you mean by "professionals?"  As it stands currently, firearm dealers have to have FFL permits from the ATF, or whatever Federal agency regulates those areas.  Short of personal sales (one individual selling to another), which is regulated differently depending on the state, anyone selling a firearm at a store has to have a license to do so, and there is an accompanying background check for that sale to be completed.  I don't know the specific requirements for getting and keeping such a license, but I do believe the FFL dealer has a legal obligation to withhold sales if he/she believes the buyer has criminal intent.

In regards to the original topic, as bloody as this incident was, and as much outcry as there will be from some gun control advocates, I don't think this will result in any major changes to our firearms laws (at least not at the national level).  I just don't think politicians can sell this cause to the public at large: that somehow banning semi-auto's will stop future violence.

1) Most firearm homicides are caused by pistols, and I've yet to hear anyone calling for a ban on those.  The FBI reports that out of 8,454 gun homicides in 2013, only 285 were caused by rifles (and that # doesn't differentiate between bolt action's, semi-auto's, lever-action, ect.).

2) Bad people are going to find other ways to kill.  The most deadly mass casualty attack in recent history (86 deaths at Nice, France) was conducted with a cargo truck, not a firearm.   Timothy McVeigh didn't need a firearm to kill 168 people and injure over 680 others in Oklahoma City.  That and a future ban on some or all types of firearms would be about as effective as our current ban on heroin and cocaine.  If someone wants to kill a large # of people, he/she will either get a firearm or find another means of accomplishing that goal.   A lot of politicians portray this issue as some sort of push-button policy: put a new law in place and all of a sudden these sprees of violence will stop.  I think many, if not most, of Americans don't share that view.

There might be a ban, or increased regulation, on bump stocks.  That aside, I don't think there will be much new gun control out of this.  

Edited by Padre86
  • Like 1

Criminals are not the least bit concerned about gun laws. Drugs are also illegal and readily available to those that want them, gun laws will only restrict the law abiding and will not deter those hell bent on mayhem. May God rest the souls of those killed and prayers to all families affected by this senseless violence.

• Like 2

I don't understand what you mean by "professionals?"  As it stands currently, firearm dealers have to have FFL permits from the ATF, or whatever Federal agency regulates those areas.  Short of personal sales (one individual selling to another), which is regulated differently depending on the state, anyone selling a firearm at a store has to have a license to do so, and there is an accompanying background check for that sale to be completed.  I don't know the specific requirements for getting and keeping such a license, but I do believe the FFL dealer has a legal obligation to withhold sales if he/she believes the buyer has criminal intent.

In regards to the original topic, as bloody as this incident was, and as much outcry as there will be from some gun control advocates, I don't think this will result in any major changes to our firearms laws (at least not at the national level).  I just don't think politicians can sell this cause to the public at large: that somehow banning semi-auto's will stop future violence.
1) Most firearm homicides are caused by pistols, and I've yet to hear anyone calling for a ban on those.  The FBI reports that out of 8,454 gun homicides in 2013, only 285 were caused by rifles (and that # doesn't differentiate between bolt action's, semi-auto's, lever-action, ect.).
2) Bad people are going to find other ways to kill.  The most deadly mass casualty attack in recent history (86 deaths at Nice, France) was conducted with a cargo truck, not a firearm.   Timothy McVeigh didn't need a firearm to kill 168 people and injure over 680 others in Oklahoma City.  That and a future ban on some or all types of firearms would be about as effective as our current ban on heroin and cocaine.  If someone wants to kill a large # of people, he/she will either get a firearm or find another means of accomplishing that goal.   A lot of politicians portray this issue as some sort of push-button policy: put a new law in place and all of a sudden these sprees of violence will stop.  I think many, if not most, of Americans don't share that view.

There might be a ban, or increased regulation, on bump stocks.  That aside, I don't think there will be much new gun control out of this.  

The dealer is licensed not the individual salesman.

• Like 1