Measured my buck

Gencountyzeek

First time measuring so im sure i messed up but i got 123 7/8 gross, netted 121 4/8. Ill wait my 60 days and see how close i was. I used my dads SCI measuring kit, he was watching and didnt correct any of what i did. Picked the mount out today also, went with full sneek, i have 3 semi sneaks so wanted something differant.

20171022_120009.jpg

20171022_105720.jpg

20171022_111302.jpg

• Like 11

Ummm, guessing 3.5, no guess on weight i have to get a scale. 

And Doty taxidermy in kendell ny. Its a 45 min drive from my house but hes a good friend of a good friend of mine. Told him if i got a wall hanger id go with him. Well he did my gun buck last year and it came out great, so im goin back to him.

5 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Awesome deer, I bet that takes the pressure off!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yea i got a doe opening morning too. Now im goin to try and get my brother in law a good buck. Hes never shot anything bigger than a 1.5 yr old 7 pt. So its now zeeks guide service.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Yea i got a doe opening morning too. Now im goin to try and get my brother in law a good buck. Hes never shot anything bigger than a 1.5 yr old 7 pt. So its now zeeks guide service.

He gets a big boy you will be happier than your own buck.   

• Like 1

I wish I had the same problem, I haven't seen an antler in the woods yet. I may regret letting the last few does go, I killed one 40 minutes into my first sit but that may have took too much pressure off! Time to put another in the ice casket I suppose. Good luck to your guiding

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

He gets a big boy you will be happier than your own buck.   

I would be thrilled, ive been hunting with him for the last probably 16 years. His father died when he was 10, his uncle was taking him then but he died 13 years ago. Both from cancer from agent Orange in Vietnam. So it would mean the world to me if he got a monster. We have a 150" on camera so thats what im hoping for.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Gencountyzeek said:

First time measuring so im sure i messed up but i got 123 7/8 gross, netted 121 4/8. Ill wait my 60 days and see how close i was. I used my dads SCI measuring kit, he was watching and didnt correct any of what i did. Picked the mount out today also, went with full sneek, i have 3 semi sneaks so wanted something differant.

20171022_120009.jpg

20171022_105720.jpg

20171022_111302.jpg

What do I win for closest guess?  Congrats Zeke whatabuck!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Ummm, guessing 3.5, no guess on weight i have to get a scale. 

And Doty taxidermy in kendell ny. Its a 45 min drive from my house but hes a good friend of a good friend of mine. Told him if i got a wall hanger id go with him. Well he did my gun buck last year and it came out great, so im goin back to him.

Measure the "heart girth" just behind the front legs. If you pull the tape snug, it's pretty accurate.

43" will be close to 190# dressed

http://www.marylandhuntingquarterly.com/files/Download/HeartGirthChart.pdf

• Like 3

3 hours ago, moog5050 said:
33 minutes ago, wildcat junkie said:

Measure the "heart girth" just behind the front legs. If you pull the tape snug, it's pretty accurate.

43" will be close to 190# dressed

http://www.marylandhuntingquarterly.com/files/Download/HeartGirthChart.pdf

Well it was shot sunday morning, processed already...but good to know for the next time.

11 minutes ago, sodfather said:

A Reynolds farm buck if your from Pembroke you know Reynolds Rd and all there farm land. Used to hunt that as a kid

I got ya. We are north of the 90. I have my 40 acre chunk of about 300 acres that makes up our block of woods. Plenty of ag fields all around.

• Like 1