Washing hunting clothes

RangerClay

For years I've bought HS laundry soap for all of my camo.  Now all I can find is camo laundry soap for the HE (High Efficiency) machines.  I don't think it's getting my clothes as clean.  Is anyone discovering this problem?  Should I double the amount of soap for a regular washer?

I have some hunting soap, cant remember the brand off hand, yellow bottle with a dark blue cap.  The directions said to fill to the lower mark for HE washers, and use a full cap for standard washers.  I got rid of our HE washer and went back to a standard washer.  Less hassle and it just works.  The HE washer we had sucked.

an he soap doesn't mean it can't be used in a regular washer, it's vice versa that you want to avoid. Take it from a former appliance salesaman, you just need to use a little more if you're using an older style washer. The HE soaps are designed to be used with less water. More water requires more soap. 

17 minutes ago, tommyc50 said:

use any thing that is for sensitive skin no dyes no additive no scent or perfumes its the same as hunting clothes wash

I'll agree with that, I read an article in North American Whitetail years ago that All Free and Clear works just as good. It was written by Bobby Worthington.   I use it year round in my home.

I use Tide free & clear he (white bottle) and toss clothes in dryer with scent free sheets.  When done, the clothes go right into my hunting Rubbermaid container.  

This has seemed to work well since I have had deer directly under my stand, but my next move will be to get some kind of ozone filter for the Rubbermaid to de-scent as much as possible.

Never unless bloodied do I wash outer layers. Wash the skin tight stuff every few sits as they trap body orders and not a fan of reusing undies. Most other layers are only washed a few times a year. Everything is hang dried and usually outside of the weather cooperates.

Just use the dryer for carbon reactivation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk