Seen a lot of wounded deer over the yrs, but..

mowin

Yesterday was fill the freezer day. Took this I thought was a doe, but after recovery, he had lost his horns.  Not unusual, right?? 

Well, lifted the leg to commence field dressing, and there was a large bald spot and no pecker, or nuts.  They we're gone.  There was a small hole and little tube that is what was left of his pecker.  

IMG_20171216_145531471.jpg

wow i tell you they are one tough animal. my neighbor shot a buck years ago and we were skinning it in his garage and i hit a spot by the breast bone and it was tough as nails so i cut around it and skinned the deer then cut it out well it stunk to holy hell and i found a bullet a small one maybe a 9mm ,380 or a .25 in it. that poor thing was walking around with that bullet in him for god knows how long.

I've seen broadheads, bullets in shoulders. Buddy got a buck with a broadhead embedded in a bucks skull. 

Seen legs that were broken and healed crooked. Even a couple that had a leg that was missing at the first joint. All healed over and doing just fine. One missing a hood also.

But this was a first for me. I can't imagine the pain that deer felt when it's junk got robbed.  

I skinned him out today, and didn't find any other wounds or injury's. 

I had a friend shoot off a bucks member one year fortunately the arrow went into it's rear leg and cut the artery.. was funny him holding a 3 inch rubbery cylinder with a hole in it asking what it was  while squeezing it ....swore he hit it right behind shoulder maybe a little low.. we recovery it and he did hit a little low and deflected shot back as it was 1/4 ing to him just above brisket ..could see where arrow went in came out hit the member and thru to the rear leg..