Iced gold

reeltime

Alright.....You ice fishing guys are finally getting the kind of winter you all deserve. I remember hard water fishing back when I was a kid, and I have to say that I had a ball on Honeoye lake with pickerel. Damn, tip-ups were going off all over the lake. I wonder if these old bones can still take the cold.....lol.

Have heard that there is some success on Oneida.   Guy told me his brother got a 6lb walleye last weekend and that he caught 20 walleye but of course can only keep three.  I asked him about perch and he said he didnt know, but by the amount of people i see out there they must be doing some good.  

11 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

You have a jet ski?

(I better add a :) for some of the guys that don't always get my humor attempt)

:)

i don't have one of those noisy water skeeeters.  but I have lots of ice  BTW I know you didn't wanna jet ski which is a good thing cause they don't work so well on the hard water.lol.  I got plenty of gear if you wanna come along Larry.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, reeltime said:

i don't have one of those noisy water skeeeters.  but I have lots of ice  BTW I know you didn't wanna jet ski which is a good thing cause they don't work so well on the hard water.lol.  I got plenty of gear if you wanna come along Larry.

Mighty generous of you to offer. 

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 1

It's supposed to warm up this week too, so other than water on the ice, the fishing will continue to get better and more comfortable outside the shanty. We will be after perch this weekend on a couple small lakes/reservoirs. We have a bunch of crappies in the freezers and it is time to get a couple good batches of perch and a few walleyes. 

I'm not sure I will make it out this season 2 year in a row I might miss the hard water. Last season my wife was bed rest with our 2nd child and after with the new born she wasn't so keen on me leaving her with a couple of young ones. My oldest is 3 in just a couple days so I'm thinking maybe I can get away for a weekend or at least take him with me. Even if we can't stay out long it would still be nice to take him.

Edited by chas0218

2 minutes ago, rachunter said:

perch and crappy are going to be my target fish this year.I've caught them before but never eat them. If I hook up i'm going to try a few.

Those fillets look really good.

I'm not sure as I've had a better tasting fish than perch or crappie. You have been missing out..

• Like 1