This weather ......

rob-c

Getting really tired of this cool weather, why couldn’t we have this type of weather during oct/ nov when I would be estatic for it. we were  down sighting in the turkey guns yesterday and I could see my breath..

My wife just had a nice battle with the weather . Her flight from New Orleans got cancelled ,she opted to fly into Baltimore ,then to Pittsburgh and rented a car and drove home from Pittsburgh last night , i heard the dog freaking out about 4 AM when she finally got home . We get about an inch of frozen rain on everything right now on this end of the state .

14 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

My wife just had a nice battle with the weather . Her flight from New Orleans got cancelled ,she opted to fly into Baltimore ,then to Pittsburgh and rented a car and drove home from Pittsburgh last night , i heard the dog freaking out about 4 AM when she finally got home . We get about an inch of frozen rain on everything right now on this end of the state .

That makes for a long day ! Assuming you’re making her a nice special welcome home dinner and roses   Go the extra yard and prep a nice warm bath with a glass of wine perhaps. And in 9 months you can thank me as you may have a new child in your family :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

That makes for a long day ! Assuming you’re making her a nice special welcome home dinner and roses   Go the extra yard and prep a nice warm bath with a glass of wine perhaps. And in 9 months you can thank me as you may have a new child in your family :rolleyes:

I think i'll get started on breakfast ,she's still trying to sleep but has a 2 year old tying to literally pry her eyelids open .

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I think i'll get started on breakfast ,she's still trying to sleep but has a 2 year old tying to literally pry her eyelids open .

Gotta love little kids. I can picture it ,mom mom mom wake up as they are using their little fingers seperating her eye lids ..

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Only positive thing about it is we are not mowing and scratching bug bites yet.:mda:

I was thinking about black flies last week while I was cutting and burning brush.  It was pretty decent working weather.  This coming week looks especially wet and lousy.  I'm in no big rush for mosquitoes, poison ivy and hot weather, but late winter has seemed to stall out around here.  Seems like I've been running the wood stove FOREVER.  

I hope to ease into our Southern stays over the winter, starting with one month. My parents started off  going after Christmas to end of March, towards the end they were gone from after Thanksgiving to May 1st !

Makes sense ,why stay here among  the gloom if you don’t have to.

Id need many many hands to count all our friends and family who bought 2nd or 3rd homes or just moved completely down South .

• Like 2

April can be the cruelest month...

By April, we are all tired of winter and expecting a few warm,spring like days, but some years , like this year, we get very little pleasant weather...May is much more dependable...  We can still get some snotty weather in May, but usually the good days outnumber the bad..

17 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Two baseball games today for my boys ...8:45 arrival...back in the car by 4:00. This weather sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I remember the kids sports days, oldest ran track and  at weekend invitationals,his events would be one in the morning one in the afternoon. And for those that don’t know there are usually 10-15 schools at these events.