2018 Baseball Thread

grampy

On 8/10/2018 at 7:02 AM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Nobody saw the Mookie Betts cycle? Very rare feat last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mookie Betts is a special baseball player. I really like how he plays the game, on and off the field. 

• Like 1

Gotta plug the Cards , Matt Carpenter, he’s tearing it up ! Hit three homers while I was in Pittsburgh. It got to the point where Pirates fans were boing when they would walk him , everyone wanted to see him hit .

https://www.mlb.com/news/matt-carpenter-hits-32nd-home-run/c-289769956

Edited by Stay at home Nomad

9 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

9.5 game lead now. Funny how quiet the Yanks fan got, but if it was reverse they would be going wild.

Yankees won’t catch them , they peaked awhile ago and seem to get worse every series   Sox are too dang good 

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

9.5 game lead now. Funny how quiet the Yanks fan got, but if it was reverse they would be going wild.

Like you are now?........ Don't blame ya though Biz. 

My Yankees are actually have a very good season!  It's just that the Red Sox are having a much better one! We'll see how it all shakes out in the end. As it looks now, the Sox are World  Series bound. 

Until then, "Let's Play Ball"!!!

• Like 2

It ain't over until the fat lady sings.  It is unlikely that the Yankees will make up 9.5 games this late in the season, but winning the east or to have a phenomenal season like the Red Sox have been having is far from a guaranteed ticket to the World Series.  Lou Piniella's 2001 Seattle Mariners won 116 games during the season yet failed to make the WS by losing to the Yankees in the ALCS 4 games to 1.

Well money’s tight , between buying her 2016 Honda, travel to France and Italy, weekend trips to Connecticut or NYC, you gotta cut back somewhere .

Speaking of seats, I always got seats behind the Cards dugout when we go to PNC park, like row 3 or so , I don’t really care for them all that much .

We stared going higher , and you can see everything better . PNC has the PBC level that has bigger padded seats more legroom and access to three bar areas with better food and drinks . We’re only sitting there now .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, steve863 said:

It ain't over until the fat lady sings.  It is unlikely that the Yankees will make up 9.5 games this late in the season, but winning the east or to have a phenomenal season like the Red Sox have been having is far from a guaranteed ticket to the World Series.  Lou Piniella's 2001 Seattle Mariners won 116 games during the season yet failed to make the WS by losing to the Yankees in the ALCS 4 games to 1.

I was at an alcs game vs Seattle at the stadium.  El duque pitched.  I cant remember if he went the full 9 but he threw a gem.  The stadium was rocking. I have been to tons of games but that was by far the best atmosphere.   The stands were buzzing from the noise.  The good ol days when you had to call ticketmaster for tickets lol. 

12 minutes ago, crappyice said:

We sat in the purple row right behind the plate at Coors Field- literally a mile high. 6 tickets for $106 all in....can’t beat it

Ya our two, 3 rows behind the dugout came to $227 . It’s nice to see the players up close I guess, but Carpenter is the only one who even looks up coming off the field , we’re done with getting those seats .

Anything can happen in playoffs. Especially short 5 game ALDS series