Clean rope

Paula

yes i have about 5 for various chamberings. They're great. I use them with hopes foaming bore cleaner. Spray down the barrel, and in the chamber. Let it soak. Run the snake through twice. Then add oil to the orange part and run it through twice more. Also good to use a little brush in the chamber/action as this really just gets your barrel (most important part though). It's all you really need after a rainy or single shot hunting session. It should not replace your cleaning kit that you use for a deep clean or extended range session, although I use it after pistol range sessions and every other trip or so I'll do a deeper clean.

• Like 2

i use them when in the field. i have them for shotgun, pistols, and rifles. i don't use dry but with a little Hoppe's T3 oil. they work well for what they are. not a substitute for cleaning with an actual rod, brush, and patches though. super helpful if someone has a slip and their muzzle ends up in the duff or mud. for hunting parties when hammering rounds at clay birds or patterning loads it's a good enough swab clean.

Amazon has a couple brands, I just like this package is the reason I posted it. Lol. As I told Grampy my X has decided I now have to buy my own cleaning stuff and I wasn't sure what all I needed or what was better. Grampy did give me a list so I will be shopping after work today. 

• Like 4

On 9/26/2018 at 9:27 AM, Paula said:

Amazon has a couple brands, I just like this package is the reason I posted it. Lol. As I told Grampy my X has decided I now have to buy my own cleaning stuff and I wasn't sure what all I needed or what was better. Grampy did give me a list so I will be shopping after work today. 

just know that there is no labeling on the snakes, so keep the packages and be cautious when doing multiple guns. Yeah there's a big difference between 12 gauge and .22, but it's harder to tell for a .30 and .40. seems like such an easy fix to just stamp the brass ends, but they don't.

• Like 1