Did anyone watch the debate last night?

Buckmaster7600

3 hours ago, Rattler said:

I don't think anyone here will vote for Cuomo. 

I think Sharpe has some good ideas, but is a relative new comer and is an unknown as far as his real agenda.  He is certainly not going to take votes from Cuomo. 

I will vote for Molinaro and would hope if he wins, Sharpe will stay in the game and hold Molinaro's feet to the fire for 4 years.  If Molinaro doesn't do what we want, Sharpe can run against him in the next election.  Come that time, he will have earned the votes if Molinaro let's us down.

Voting for Sharpe at this point is making a statement, but wasting your vote.  It's just a fact in elections.  Divided we all lose.

Sharpe may not take votes from Cuomo but I think people who wouldn't have voted are going to turn out to vote for him. 

The people I know especially under 30 seem very interested in Sharpe and are all going to vote for him.

I feel somethings in this state need to change and the GOP left all of us out to dry. The GOP gave up, and Malinaro is as bad as Cuomo with respect to our 2nd amendment rights. He already said he won't change the safe act and believes we need more common sense gun laws.

When Coumo came out with the safe act I thought it was the end of the world but I've come to realize there's more to life than being able to own ARs with hi cap mags. All in all NY is doing pretty good compared to other states in healthcare, education and income. Cuomo's 2% prop tax cap has been a life saver for many. When Pataki was Gov taxes on my primary residence we're going up 1000 a year, no joke. In the years Cuomo has passed the tax cap my increases have been miniscule. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rattler said:

I don't think anyone here will vote for Cuomo. 

I think Sharpe has some good ideas, but is a relative new comer and is an unknown as far as his real agenda.  He is certainly not going to take votes from Cuomo. 

I will vote for Molinaro and would hope if he wins, Sharpe will stay in the game and hold Molinaro's feet to the fire for 4 years.  If Molinaro doesn't do what we want, Sharpe can run against him in the next election.  Come that time, he will have earned the votes if Molinaro let's us down.

Voting for Sharpe at this point is making a statement, but wasting your vote.  It's just a fact in elections.  Divided we all lose.

I know a few people around  that will, LOL 

And Sit In Trees, show me one fact where the Safe Act is actually  lowing the murder rate, by firearm in New York State due to assault weapons.

27 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

I know a few people around  that will, LOL 

And Sit In Trees, show me one fact where the Safe Act is actually  lowing the murder rate, by firearm in New York State due to assault weapons.

Did nothing all for show political theater. 

Criminals favorite weapons are small  handguns  and knifes usually cheep ones .

2 hours ago, sits in trees said:

When Pataki was Gov taxes on my primary residence we're going up 1000 a year, no joke. In the years Cuomo has passed the tax cap my increases have been miniscule. 

My property taxes have averaged an $805 increase over the last 7 years.

F Cuomo - highest property taxes in the nation, and is answer is a 2% cap? Why doesn't it go the other way?

• Like 2

On 10/24/2018 at 1:21 PM, grampy said:

Is there any doubt at all, that Cuomo will enhance the Safe Act with more legislation?  Putting even more, and tougher demands on law abiding gun owners. If not outright try to take the guns from our hands? That will be a huge feather in his cap, for when he runs for president. No secret that, that is his #1 ambition! And don't believe for a second that he won't be trying to do just that. Look how the Safe Act was pushed down our throats, from behind closed doors, in the middle of the night!!!

I think all that has already cost him any shot of ever being POTUS, thank God

• Like 1

I guess i was wrong about anyone here voting for Cuomo.  There are a lot of politically naive people in this state, and every day another one has to come along to prove I'm right.

The SAFE Act isn't about owning AR's.  It's about big government tyranny ignoring your Constitutional rights.  It's about laws oppressing political opposition.  It's about control.  It's the first step in government oppression of ALL of your freedom.  Anyone who doesn't think that is a huge issue in this state is really clueless about individual freedom and liberty.

Smaller increases in your property taxes make you happy?  How about lowering the property taxes to the level other states pay?  A NY resident voting for Cuomo is about as smart as a farm's pigs voting for the pig farmer.

(just as an aside, every day I see this thread has not been moved to the political forum, makes me laugh)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

My mineral lease used to provide me with $900/year income. Plus I am sitting on 89ft of Marcellus Shale and 600+ ft of Utica shale (from well logs on a neighbors property). They hit gas 200 ft from my property line. Due to Cuomo the well was abandoned and plugged.

Cuomo took that money right out of my pocket with his fracking ban.

One of my sons worked a high paying job ( $80K a year plus overtime) in the drilling industry. That's good money for the Horseheads area. This job killing Dem made that job go away. He makes about half that now working for Corning Inc and is lucky to make that in this area.

Any mention that andy has kept local taxes down with his property tax cap is pure BS. County taxes are mostly the result of NYS refusal to pay for Medicaid (most other states pay for the full Medicaid cost at the state level). Eliminate state mandates and property taxes would plummet providing real property tax relief.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hunter49 said:

They all suck, they are all crooks, & in the debates they are all about NYC. with very little mention of upstate & western NY.  We need to get rid of NYC. & make another state!

Yea really nyc is like it's own state actually it's like it's own country.  :)  usa starts outside of its borders. 

There is this sign you see  when you drive into PA that says America starts here .

They need to put one of those signs  right on the border of NYC :)

• Like 1