Spider

helmut in the bush

13 minutes ago, helmut in the bush said:

I just finished moving about twenty sheets of plywood, there was at least one between every sheet, unfortunately none of them survived 

Probably some new spider shipped in from China with the plywood!!

I'm not a fan of spiders. I had a walnut-size one jump into my chest waders while I was working on a boathouse a couple of years ago. The SOB bit me four times before I could get the boots off. I spent two hours lying in a chaise lounge that afternoon watching a Grateful Dead show in my head with the homeowner asking if I needed an ambulance or a beer. It wasn't really funny at the time, but I can laugh about it now. :rofl:

• Haha 1

Here’s my recent spider story. I woke up one morning with a small bite mark on my arm , figured spider bite ,it itched for a week, then turned into a hard mass the size of a BB under my skin. It stayed white as it woundnt tan .

Over the next two,months people said I should get that checked out . So off to the DR. Office, where the nurse practitioner, said, Basel cell carcinoma or some other type of cancer I forget. 

So off I go to the dermatologist, tell him the story and he says, scar tissue from the bite. I could remove it and send it out for tests, but we’d be making a big deal out of nothing . Anything else you want checked ? 

So if you see a NP with a broken nose anytime soon, now you’ll  know why .

6 hours ago, philoshop said:

I'm not a fan of spiders. I had a walnut-size one jump into my chest waders while I was working on a boathouse a couple of years ago. The SOB bit me four times before I could get the boots off. I spent two hours lying in a chaise lounge that afternoon watching a Grateful Dead show in my head with the homeowner asking if I needed an ambulance or a beer. It wasn't really funny at the time, but I can laugh about it now. :rofl:

Are you saying you got a buzz from spider bites?

36 minutes ago, helmut in the bush said:

Are you saying you got a buzz from spider bites?

Exactly what I'm saying. He got me once just above the waistline of my underwear, then three more times along my inner thigh well above the knee. If you've never seen the spiders that inhabit docks and boathouses I don't think you'll understand. They're big, and they're mean. Even the rats, bats, and birds stay away from those things. Like someone said earlier here, they're not really poisonous, but they are venomous. Four bites in five or six seconds from a critter the size of a walnut whose trapped in your pants can definitely mess with your day.

The homeowner is a good friend and retired cop who I hunt ducks with. He was concerned but kept cracking the jokes while he kept an eye on me in the chaise lounge. "Ambulance or beer?" Had he thought it was really serious we would have been running up Route 14 at well over 100 MPH to the hospital. That spider messed me up for a couple of hours, but the story will live forever.

Even my friend's neighbor calls me "spidey" now when we play cards. I'll catch one of those big SOB's some day and put it in his pants so he can feel what it's like. Just kidding. Not my style.