Synthetic or wood stock what do you like better .

Hunter007

I have an  H&R Handi-rifle with a Tupperware stock and a Leupold scope...The scope is worth more than the rifle, LOL !

I have  a Rem 11-87 with a synthethic camo stock... All of my other long guns are wood and blued metal..

The only stainless guns I own are handguns..

There are all levels of wood and non-wood stocks.  I love highly figured walnut stocks that are well checkered, fitted and finished.  I despise cheap birch stocks that look like canoe paddles.

Synthetic stocks that are cheap and hollow look like crap, feel cold and make a lot of noise.  Kevlar/composite stocks like the one's on a Kimber Montana are super strong, light, solid, quiet, warm and weatherproof.  Filled carbon fiber stocks like the one on a Browning X-Bolt are also good.

If you go high end on wood or synthetic, you get a stock that will please you.  Go cheap and you will have a stock that gets the job done, but nothing more.

3 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

I like it!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The stock and case hardening are definitely an improvement...

I always thought the FN-Fal  type, like the British L1A1  were pretty cool....That and the M-14/M1A  are about as "modern" as my taste runs..