Online Ammo Purchases

moog5050

I know this has been discussed before, but where are you folks buying ammo online.  I picked some up yesterday from Target Sports and have ordered from Buds and Palmetto Armory.  Any place that I am missing that tends to have good stock and reasonable prices that will ship direct to NY?

I know this has been discussed before, but where are you folks buying ammo online.  I picked some up yesterday from Target Sports and have ordered from Buds and Palmetto Armory.  Any place that I am missing that tends to have good stock and reasonable prices that will ship direct to NY?
Still stockpiling me some .458 brass? Also in regards to your original question buds now ships direct which is super cool

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 1/30/2019 at 12:34 PM, sbuff said:

Have you used that under wood ammo on game? I might try some in my ruger mini 30 in 7.62x39.

I order on line. Yes  Ihave, coyotes. Kills them dead! lol. I used to shoot hornady superformance 58gr vmax and i now use the underwood 58gr vmax. shoots even better. Its winchester brass with the hornady bullet. Very clean rounds too.. Out of the 243

Edited by LET EM GROW

On 1/30/2019 at 6:32 AM, LET EM GROW said:

Outdoor limited

Underwood ammo

Target sports usa

able ammo I believe

I like Underwood ammo. 

i stopped buying ammo a while ago prior to this whole deal and as the rimfire shortage was being seen. i'm not buying ammo for a long time.

the above are good. not sure if Champions Choice still ships to NY.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

i stopped buying ammo a while ago prior to this whole deal and as the rimfire shortage was being seen. i'm not buying ammo for a long time.

the above are good. not sure if Champions Choice still ships to NY.

With the new legislation in order and slowly passing, This might be the right time to really start re loading. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Midway just had the Lee Turret kit on sale for $197

i've got RCBS dies for almost everything. not sure how well they fit in the Lee press. i think just fine. however, most reloading i'd do is precision shooting not bulk for recreation. i was told the lee turret doesn't really fit that need well. i'd really like to go turret from the start and not single stage press despite it's good that i'd be forced to become proficient in setting it up. thinking RCBS turret, lyman, or redding maybe.

7 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

i've got RCBS dies for almost everything. not sure how well they fit in the Lee press. i think just fine. however, most reloading i'd do is precision shooting not bulk for recreation. i was told the lee turret doesn't really fit that need well. i'd really like to go turret from the start and not single stage press despite it's good that i'd be forced to become proficient in setting it up. thinking RCBS turret, lyman, or redding maybe.

It works perfectly as a single stage by just removing the index rod. The RCBS dies fit in the turret basses just fine and the nice part is once set up, as long and you aren't changing the bullets in the load, it literally takes seconds to switch calibers, I load with the same powder in the 270 and the -06. I can switch a complete set of dies between those two in about 15 seconds and not adjusting of dies needed. Watch a video. It will do what you want both ways. IN turret mode once I am set up and can load about 200-250 rounds of 223 or 357 mag in an hour. 

14 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

It works perfectly as a single stage by just removing the index rod. The RCBS dies fit in the turret basses just fine and the nice part is once set up, as long and you aren't changing the bullets in the load, it literally takes seconds to switch calibers, I load with the same powder in the 270 and the -06. I can switch a complete set of dies between those two in about 15 seconds and not adjusting of dies needed. Watch a video. It will do what you want both ways. IN turret mode once I am set up and can load about 200-250 rounds of 223 or 357 mag in an hour. 

Bob

How much are you saving in terms of cost by reloading in general.  I know it will vary but 20, 30 or 40%.  I know there are benfits beyond cost savings such as dialing in your own load but I am just curious if the cost is a major factor.  Starting get some odd-ish calibers where reloading may make more sense or just when I shoot a lot.