Champion or Honda 2000w generator

sbuff

I have had the Honda 2000i for several years.

Runs terrific, easy to drain carb bowl, and I put non ethanol gas and stabil in it. 

So quiet and easy to carry I find myself using it more frequent even around the property than I thought I would. Was worth the extra $$ to me. Runs forever on tank of gas doing fridge,freezer,couple lights,electronics.

• Like 1

I have a champion 2000w watt inverter... so far 2 seasons running the camper every weekend mid may to mid September... it's still quiet, runs everything but the A/C. About 2 gallons of gas a weekend by starting for coffee 8n the morning, and shutting it off at dark, after dinner. Was very leery to spend $500 on anything from champion but so far its delivered as promised.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I can not comment on the Champion brand as I know nothing about them, I can vouch for the Honda brand, Motorcycles, Truck and two generators all have been outstanding with superb reliability and very durable. I say if you are in it for the long haul you will not be sorry to have purchased a Honda anything.:yes:

Al

The portable small Honda generators can be used for so many things, I have a small garage out in back of my house that I use mostly for storage. It has no power going to it but I do have a solar light setup that works fairly well so I can maneuver around in there at night. For 85.00 I have installed a Reliance through the wall generator outlet and use a 30 amp adapter plug so I can hookup the little Honda 2200 generator with a regular power cord for the rare occasion where I might need some power in there. I have a bigger 5500 watt job if things need to get serious. This Reliance setup would be a good low cost home option for anyone that does not have backup for power outages.

Also my fishing partner and I are going to try out the generator and LED work lights this spring for some Bullhead fishing and leave the lanterns home. These baby's turn the night into day.

Al

2019-03-03_084022.png

2019-03-03_084312.png

2019-03-03_084656.png

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

When I was shopping for generators, I opted for a Yamaha 3500 inverter instead of the Honda. It was about a 3rd less money, and other than mice chewing up a wiring harness, trouble free. It will run up to 23 hrs or so on a tank on the energy eff. settings. Be sure to get as much generator as you may need....if you run any power equipment off of them a 2000 watt can easily bog down, esp. if you think you may run, say, an air conditioner off of it ? 

We have a Honda EU2000 at work, my dad bought one as well, and now I bought the Honda EU2200i where My dad, and I can run our parallel to power double the output.  We own a camp upstate, so he runs the camp off his for the past 2 yrs, he has a 5th wheel camper he sometimes uses it for, outdoor work, etc.  it weighs 46 pounds, so its very mobile.  Has eco mode, but do not start it on eco, especially in cold temps, it will start, but it’s recommended to run with eco off for about a minute.  As everyone else has said, Honda generators run, run, run, the one at work, and my dad’s, have some years on them with actual use, not for powerouts only, and they both are trouble free.  You can get an hour meter for them, a magnetic drain plug(to pickup any metal debris that might occur during breakin, etc), a 72 hr fuel tank that gets siphoned through a special cap.  Also, if you do buy a Honda the new ones have a fuel shutoff right on the on/off knob.  You can set it to fuel off, it will stall, then a short turn to off.  The older Hondas were not like this this.  Also, if you buy one, the fuel cap has an on/off on top to allow the tank to get some off, if you travel with fuel in it, you can set the cal to off, and it will not stink up, and SUV, or car, or back of a truck with a cap.  You need to run the generator with the fuel cap set to on though, I think it can start squeezing the tank since no air can get in i guess.  

Edited by Bionic

1 hour ago, Bionic said:

We have a Honda EU2000 at work, my dad bought one as well, and now I bought the Honda EU2200i where My dad, and I can run our parallel to power double the output.  We own a camp upstate, so he runs the camp off his for the past 2 yrs, he has a 5th wheel camper he sometimes uses it for, outdoor work, etc.  it weighs 46 pounds, so its very mobile.  Has eco mode, but do not start it on eco, especially in cold temps, it will start, but it’s recommended to run with eco off for about a minute.  As everyone else has said, Honda generators run, run, run, the one at work, and my dad’s, have some years on them with actual use, not for powerouts only, and they both are trouble free.  You can get an hour meter for them, a magnetic drain plug(to pickup any metal debris that might occur during breakin, etc), a 72 hr fuel tank that gets siphoned through a special cap.  Also, if you do buy a Honda the new ones have a fuel shutoff right on the on/off knob.  You can set it to fuel off, it will stall, then a short turn to off.  The older Hondas were not like this this.  Also, if you buy one, the fuel cap has an on/off on top to allow the tank to get some off, if you travel with fuel in it, you can set the cal to off, and it will not stink up, and SUV, or car, or back of a truck with a cap.  You need to run the generator with the fuel cap set to on though, I think it can start squeezing the tank since no air can get in i guess.  

The cap on off is just a air release so the tank doesn't get air locked.  The nice think is that Generator and tank does draw suction. There are easy mods to that cap and you can attach a 6 gallon Marine outboard tank to it. Mine runs our camp on Eco for 14 hours on the .95 gallon tank.  With a 6.95 capacity it will run for over 4 days / 24 hours a day. If turning it on and off as needed it can easily get us a week. 

3 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

The cap on off is just a air release so the tank doesn't get air locked.  The nice think is that Generator and tank does draw suction. There are easy mods to that cap and you can attach a 6 gallon Marine outboard tank to it. Mine runs our camp on Eco for 14 hours on the .95 gallon tank.  With a 6.95 capacity it will run for over 4 days / 24 hours a day. If turning it on and off as needed it can easily get us a week. 

Isn’t that exactly what I just said?

1 minute ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I was explaining an option so folks do t get raped by the factory external tank prices. If you have any elementary DIY skills it’s an easy mod. That was all

I agree with that.  I just figured I would mention the options I know about.