Smith & Wesson M&P Shield

Bass Pro has these on sale for $269 in either 9 or 40. I had a few gift cards from Christmas that i hadn't used yet so i ordered one in 9mm. I figured i can't go wrong for that price, especially after reading and watching the reviews on them. My local Bass Pro in Utica sold out of them quick and said they'll be getting more in about a week. Im just wondering who else has one of these and how do you like it? I plan to carry it and will be in the market for a good holster, preferably inner waste band. 

• Like 1

I bought one a week ago in 40mm i hit the range at wolcotts with it. It was a ton of fun to shoot. This is my first time carrying any pistol since i just got the upgrade but i really like how this feels on my side.

• Like 2

Picked up the .40 last week as well,
.....with the points I had on my Cabela's card I paid 129.00 out the door. It was a real simple process....I actually ordered it online Monday and it was at the store by Thursday
Cant wait to send a few down range!11727355a5da645d878a92007821b67b.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Had a friend make me up 100 rounds of lead. Very cost friendly and shot well.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Try the Ranier bullets. They are copper coated (not jacketed so you still have to load for lead bullets). They are much nicer to handle with less lead all over. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 4/28/2019 at 9:46 PM, Lawdwaz said:

Any follow up reviews on the Shield's??

How they shooting??

I own both the 9 Performance Center and just recently picked up the Performance Center in .45. Carried the 9 for a couple years, put well over 1,000 rounds through it and less than 5 failure to feed/eject. It was bad range ammo coupled with well over a couple hundred rounds through it at one time.

.45 Shield is surprisingly easier to control than the .40 cal. I rented a Shield .40 at the range and also spent some time with a Glock .40 that my friend who is an Albany Police officer carries and this .45 Shield shoots better than either of those two. I like the .45 because you get a much more powerful defense round than the 9mm, and only lose one round of capacity. S&W did an absolute fantastic job designing this gun, as it is almost the same size as the 9mm and carries almost the same. I barely notice the difference. Springs in the mags are super stiff at first. I loaded them up with range ammo and let em sit loaded for a couple days, problem solved.

As for holsters, I run a Galco King Tuck and a Galco Combat Master (yes, I am a huge Galco fan), depending on the situation (how deep I need to conceal that day). 

• Like 1