Might have to sell the gun.

I believe it is a 1910 Fox double barrel. Anyone know what it might be worth. It's going to the gun shop today to see what they think. If it has to be sold I'll make sure you guys get a shot at it. There might be a few others also. 

FL

IMG_3302.jpg

IMG_3299.jpg

IMG_3298.jpg

IMG_3300.jpg

• Like 1

Fine old shotgun...A H Fox shotguns were made to last forever...The parts were actually designed to " self adjust" as they wore..

The Sterlingworth was the field grade or workingman's grade  Fox double, and is more common than the more expensive higher grades...  Still  if it is unaltered and in good condition it is a valuable shotgun...I do not have a current blue book, but I'm sure some members here can  find  a value...Good luck if you decide to sell it..   BTW...Most gun shops will give you perhaps half ( or less) of what it is worth... 

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 6

That is a Fox Sterlingworth made in Phila, PA.  They are very collectible, and that one, assuming it's a 12 gauge, in the condition it seems to be in, should be worth at least $1000.  (It appears the stock has been refinished and some of the varnish got on the receiver) Current Blue Book values may be even more, depending on the actual overall condition, which I can not determine from the photos.

I had a 20 gauge version of that gun in very similar looking condition that I sold for $1200 about 6 years ago.

To get top dollar for it, I'd put it on gunbroker.com as that's where thousands of people looking for this type of SxS will be.

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 3

"Might" have to sell the gun?  If in doubt, I'd say it's better not to sell it.  In my opinion it would be a big mistake selling a cool old gun like that unless you absolutely need the cash.  Even if you got $1,500 for it, that isn't a great deal of money these days.  I'd surely rather have the gun than the money.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Rattler said:

That is a Fox Sterlingworth made in Phila, PA.  They are very collectible, and that one, assuming it's a 12 gauge, in the condition it seems to be in, should be worth at least $1000.  (It appears the stock has been refinished and some of the varnish got on the receiver) Current Blue Book values may be even more, depending on the actual overall condition, which I can not determine from the photos.

I had a 20 gauge version of that gun in very similar looking condition that I sold for $1200 about 6 years ago.

To get top dollar for it, I'd put it on gunbroker.com as that's where thousands of people looking for this type of SxS will be.

Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, steve863 said:

"Might" have to sell the gun?  If in doubt, I'd say it's better not to sell it.  In my opinion it would be a big mistake selling a cool old gun like that unless you absolutely need the cash.  Even if you got $1,500 for it, that isn't a great deal of money these days.  I'd surely rather have the gun than the money.

Steve Its my brother who is selling. I agree with you and told him not to do a thing until he talks to me. I just may pony up and buy it myself.