What are your expectations for the season?

Robhuntandfish

Hopefully at least 1 buck.  Two would be even better.  If not, a second deer of most any kind to top off the freezer.  

Expecting to hunt from the ground more in brush blinds.  I have a couple good ladder stand spots, but I would like to be more mobile.  Trying to spend more time on a small piece that I got permission on a couple years back.  

Expectations... none, never!

Wish list;

• Get out as much as I am able to,
  • Wishing the weather cooperates,
  • Enjoy nature, the critters, etc,
  • Not worried about filling the freezer anymore, so does walk,
  • Have an encounter with a mature buck,
  • Have a shot opportunity at a mature buck,
  • Harvest a mature buck.

Archery buck , archery doe , rifle buck , rifle doe , daughter rifle buck , rifle doe. Maybe another for her or I  in ML. Reasonable I think but oh crap thank goodness for my parents stand up freezer in garage as that’s a lot of venison and Costanzas greatness. In all honesty I’d be happy with 3 combined between her and I. But I’m feeling it this year. 

• Like 3

The camp/house is up for sale and this will likely be the last season there.  Good news is I own the land next door so my goal this year is to hunt like its 1999....Next year its time to finally build on my land and start my own camp and hopefully some new traditions and recruit some new hunters!

• Like 1

I’m so behind. With the kids, work, church, family life I haven’t even bought my tags or scouted at all. Hard to find the time. The only expectations I have are to at least get away from society for a few days. I see deer almost every night at work. I hope I see one when I’m in the deer woods. Just gonna thank the Lord if I’m able to get out there and my boy can come with me.