Gerber knives

Man this is such a bummer. Packing up for this weekends hunt I take my knife out of the gun safe to sharpen it up and pack in my bag when I find out that the blade cracked somehow.

I’m going to contact Gerber to see what they say. It’s wasn’t an expensive knife but man did it hold an edge and work well.

f8344b0268fe93602960dc5faba82a6f.jpg6d8aff2fb3052269ab9c2a5975198086.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Confused 1

I bought a set with that exact knife in it and a smaller one that came in a sheath together and also had the blade break on mine last year while dismantling a deer in the shed.  A whole chunk of it came out while taking off a quarter.   I didn't send them back or anything though just chucked it.  

Hope it works out for you .

Gerber has been making knives for around 100 years , they made many great knives and some that changed the direction of the industry. Many top custom makers made designs for them , and or worked there at some point . Pete Kershaw worked there and left to form Kershaw  knives .

Pete Gerber sold the company to Fiskars , they own many companies  ,mostly ones that make fancy china and crystal , Gerber seems to have lost its focus along the way though .

That said most knife companies have very favorable warranties .

• Like 1

Don't know about this specific Gerber knife model, but after a cursory search I found only ~22% of Gerber knives are still USA made anymore. May also be true for other hunting or utility knife mfgers, IDK. Might reflect on the quality of the OP's knife.

• 2 months later...

Just a follow up to this. Gerber replaced the knife no questions asked. All it cost me was roughly $5 to ship it back to them. It was a bit of a slow process partly my fault because it took me a while to send it in the mail but even after I sent it it probably took them 2 weeks to acknowledge receiving the knife and another 2 weeks before I got the replacement back. I didn’t really track the time so this is all a guess.

Overall I’m happy that they replaced it no questions asked and I’d not hesitate to buy another Gerber product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Good info and I'm glad they treated you right.  I carried Gerber Gator folders for years.  I don't know how many of those suckers I lost while gutting deer.  I finally switched to a fixed bladed Winchester knife that I got for Christmas one year.  Haven't lost that one yet.  Knock on wood.  I think it's similar to cheap sunglasses.  I lose/scratch/break any expensive pair, but the cheapos won't go away!

• Like 1