Al Bundy

Live from the blind

Ok guys and gals. I starting this thread tonight  so I don’t have to type so much in the morning. Supposed to be about 34 out.  Got my decoys out and made sure they are untangled, back tag is all set, ammo and gun  ready..  My lab didn’t go as nuts as she usually does. Good luck to those going in the morning. Stay safe and warm.   Let’s see some posts in this thread...

• Like 2

Cut em!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Ziva says dad there's 20 ducks sitting there why aintcha shooting them. Lol.

T minus 5 minutes till go time.43cf3c669faff0fa71de7ea10c5f8f52.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Just heard a flurry  of shots on the swamp up the road . For the life of me I cant believe  they  can see what they are shooting at . I cant see 20 feet from me .

Lots of seagulls and Canada's.  Very few ducks flying. Fog burned offenough to see somewhat.  I'm afraid I may have missed my only shot today

20191019_105100.thumb.jpg.71dcb41cebf986abefd3b5d07119aa4f.jpgIt was a slow morning for me also. Plenty of geese flying but very few ducks which flew very early. However I did manage to score on a beautiful drake wood duck.         valoroutdoors.com 

• Like 8

Nice morning today. Looks to be sunny again. Come on ducks.  10 mins to go til legal

15715684082711562950502.jpg

Edited by Al Bundy

52 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Hope you are saving all those flank feathers.

Worth more than gold per ounce to guys spinning trout flies 

• Like 1

It has been real slow bowhunting here so my son and I decided to give it a break and try for some ducks this morning. My son doesn't get out much due to work and his 18 month old daughter and another one on the way due in early December. So I put him on point and shortly after legal shooting time a 6 pack of mallards came in. He bagged a drake and hen out of the pack and was limited out on mallards for the day. It was a beautiful morning and we had a great time.       valoroutdoors.com 

123951.jpg

• Like 9

Nice!!! Im hunting again this weekend. Sunday I will have three hunters on a first time duck hunt. One young huntress. Looking forward to it, but not the forecasted 19MPH winds and rain. Nice looking swamp there.  Stay safe everyone and good shooting this weekend.

Looks great. Nothing for me this morning. Tomorrow should be interesting  in 20 mph wind and rain.  I hope my decoys don’t float away. 

Was a foggy morning and was slow . Took only 1 woodie and a hen bufflehead landed in the pond. Also had a bald eagle light my spread up then fly by that was a really cool experience he was 20 yards from me. Didn’t get a pic of that it happened so quick. 

914727F4-FB98-412C-8E4E-3EF28E89C848.jpeg

634891D7-59D8-41D2-B34F-C68F065E6FE5.jpeg

E258F3CB-7B1F-4D5A-B82F-584C63240F05.jpeg

• Like 4