rob-c

Getting a suspension upgrade Wednesday, Finally getting my knee replaced ..

Just found out that my ortho surgeon  broke his ankle today. Soooo looks like I’ll have to wait a bit longer .... 

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

NRA Lifetime member.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." - Native American Indian Proverb

"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am" - Toby & Eileen Green

11 hours ago, Nytracker said:

Hope you dont have to wait long  to find somebody else .

Well that’s the thing , not sure I want to switch to another ortho. This one Dr. Reynolds,  is very very good. 

Edited by rob-c

16 hours ago, Nytracker said:

Well how ya making out ? Any progress . I imagine  dr is going to be layed up a while .

Well , my new scheduled day is now March 3rd. That’s a full 12 weeks, they said he may be back sooner and I would be moved up. They gave me the option to go with another ortho but they all were booked out till the end of January beginning of February . Wife and I discussed it and  Reynolds has such a great reputation I really didn’t want to switch . Kinda sucks as December would have given me a full 6 month recovery before spring hit, but it is what it is. I’ve put up with my knee like this for many years so what’s a few more months. 

Sounds like you're making the right decision to me.  Being completely comfortable and confident in a surgeon is important. 

• Like 1

Well , my new scheduled day is now March 3rd. That’s a full 12 weeks, they said he may be back sooner and I would be moved up. They gave me the option to go with another ortho but they all were booked out till the end of January beginning of February . Wife and I discussed it and  Reynolds has such a great reputation I really didn’t want to switch . Kinda sucks as December would have given me a full 6 month recovery before spring hit, but it is what it is. I’ve put up with my knee like this for many years so what’s a few more months. 
Bah you'll be fine on 3 months no problemo. They're literally going to have you walking out the door same day as surgery anyways. It's a surprisingly quick heal and will be super excellent. They didn't think about squirting in the jelly crap in the meantime?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm hoping they can move my ACL replacement up a couple weeks, scheduled for the 21st of January right now.  Going.  To.  Suck.

Edited by UpStateRedNeck

'08 Bowtech Commander

GoldTip Hunter Expedition's w/ Rage 2 Blades

Remington 700 .308

Mossberg 500 Pump

5 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Bah you'll be fine on 3 months no problemo. They're literally going to have you walking out the door same day as surgery anyways. It's a surprisingly quick heal and will be super excellent. They didn't think about squirting in the jelly crap in the meantime?

Oh I know I’ll be up walking that night, then be going home next day. I had a lot of plans for the spring time and just wanted to be further along in the healing process by then. The ortho gave me a shot of the synvisc in June didn’t do a thing.

• Like 1

Oh I know I’ll be up walking that night, then be going home next day. I had a lot of plans for the spring time and just wanted to be further along in the healing process by then. The ortho gave me a shot of the synvisc in June didn’t do a thing.
Yep figured if they gave you some of that may have made things a little easier in the wait. My mom got some of that jelly stuff didn't help much either

5 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

I'm hoping they can move my ACL replacement up a couple weeks, scheduled for the 21st of January right now.  Going.  To.  Suck.

I read your other post, I hope they can get ya fixed up. Good luck . 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

I had ACL replacement in 1998.  Mine is still in place and functioning well.  (Seems like the only piece still functioning well!!)  It went through about 10+ years of heavy martial arts. Donor all the way.  Go with donor and don't look back.. Seriously...

OP: A new knee is just about certain in my future.  I am a number of years away and have not looked into it much. I do see different companies produce slightly different replacements. What is your doc going with?

Good luck with your surgery rob-c. It’s a pretty common surgery nowadays. Makes you wonder how  people managed the knee pain 50 years ago. I guess back then they were confined to wheelchairs. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I had ACL replacement in 1998.  Mine is still in place and functioning well.  (Seems like the only piece still functioning well!!)  It went through about 10+ years of heavy martial arts. Donor all the way.  Go with donor and don't look back.. Seriously...

OP: A new knee is just about certain in my future.  I am a number of years away and have not looked into it much. I do see different companies produce slightly different replacements. What is your doc going with?

They said the type in my joint class but I don’t recall what it was. It’s a good one I do know that. The hospital I am going to , their knee and hip surgeons were voted as one of the best in the country . 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1