Set 1 12/20

So I took out a friend that has never hunted dogs and only hunted deer once.    His hands were too cold for set 2. No gloves.  Called it after set 1.

But had 2 Fox and one yote come in.  10 min into calling I was talking to Matt and asking him to scan faster as I was only using scope and he had scanner.  Tough to cover whole field from scope and he was moving way to slow..  Get back on scope and Fox 1 is running from caller into woods.   Couldn’t get on him fast enough.  Dumb move 1. 

5 min later fox 2 comes in from behind us about 75yds south.  Got on him and he dropped.  

I then give up gun to Matt.  Dumb move 2.  Lol. 10 min later and after a few call change ups there is a big yote about 150yds away.  I whisper to Matt to turn and get on him.  As I am watching through scanner Matt confirms he sees him.  I whisper shoot, shoot.  Nothing.  Then yote turns sideways and starts to run and he fires.  Swing and a miss.   Call for a while more and nothing   

Fun set.   Might get out tomorrow on a different property. 

The red is a big male.   Nice to finally put one down.  I owe it all to treeguys stellar tutelage.   Seriously I was happy to call 3 dogs in even if we only finished on one.  

• Like 11

So I took out a friend that has never hunted dogs and only hunted deer once.    His hands were too cold for set 2. No gloves.  Called it after set 1.
But had 2 Fox and one yote come in.  10 min into calling I was talking to Matt and asking him to scan faster as I was only using scope and he had scanner.  Tough to cover whole field from scope and he was moving way to slow..  Get back on scope and Fox 1 is running from caller into woods.   Couldn’t get on him fast enough.  Dumb move 1. 
5 min later fox 2 comes in from behind us about 75yds south.  Got on him and he dropped.  
I then give up gun to Matt.  Dumb move 2.  Lol. 10 min later and after a few call change ups there is a big yote about 150yds away.  I whisper to Matt to turn and get on him.  As I am watching through scanner Matt confirms he sees him.  I whisper shoot, shoot.  Nothing.  Then yote turns sideways and starts to run and he fires.  Swing and a miss.   Call for a while more and nothing   
Fun set.   Might get out tomorrow on a different property. 
The red is a big male.   Nice to finally put one down.  I owe it all to treeguys stellar tutelage.   Seriously I was happy to call 3 dogs in even if we only finished on one.  

Rabbit Distress call?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Fun set.   Might get out tomorrow on a different property

Congratulations......And the addiction begins. Odd color on that fox and he looks a little ragged but healthy. It looks somewhat like a spring colored phase. I would have thought it would have a lot more color since this time of year is when they are usually in their prime. Maybe it was just the camera. Either way it was a good outing:fan:

Congratulations......And the addiction begins. Odd color on that fox and he looks a little ragged but healthy. It looks somewhat like a spring colored phase. I would have thought it would have a lot more color since this time of year is when they are usually in their prime. Maybe it was just the camera. Either way it was a good outing:fan:
The addiction started many years ago.

A fox on the first set. A round or two in the snow. A lever action.... I remember it like it was yesterday.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 1