Corona Virus Thread

13 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I guess time will tell

If you are talking about the election yes...if you are talking about the economy it’s now part of history not a prognostication 

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

there isn't politics. Only those who want to make it about politics.

For the love of God, even Donald J. Trump, the great devider avoided politics in his address. Our issue is very real right now. We have an opportunity to limit the spread and death rate. If we can work together as a country and as a people.

Yet there are several on here blaming the democrats, and others blaming the POTUS. And then not shockingly, others are posting pictures of ammunition!?!? Like are you all so ignorant that you believe you can just shoot this microscopic virus away?

The Ammo was originally purchased to fight zombies, now it’s to fight anyone trying to give you some hand sanitizer

5 minutes ago, Belo said:

there isn't politics. Only those who want to make it about politics.

For the love of God, even Donald J. Trump, the great devider avoided politics in his address. Our issue is very real right now. We have an opportunity to limit the spread and death rate. If we can work together as a country and as a people.

Yet there are several on here blaming the democrats, and others blaming the POTUS. And then not shockingly, others are posting pictures of ammunition!?!? Like are you all so ignorant that you believe you can just shoot this microscopic virus away?

No, the bullets won't be to kill off the virus, they will be for those who try to steal our toilet paper.  :)

Edited by steve863
  • Haha 1

bought one of these a few months ago. Super simple install and my whole family loves it. The wife was skeptic at first, but all we need is a few squares to dry off. The great Belo saw the toilet paper shortage coming in January!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A0RHSJO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Be like the people in the middle East who use their left hand. Just be sure to wash up extra good

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I was  thinking of just buying a couple NY Times ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Belo said:

you took a loan out on your 401k?

I think we all now know all we need to know about Paul.

It’s like an equity loan knucklehead, it’s was based on a certain figure that now is 1/3  less through market forces.

We will “pay ourselves” back money that no longer even exist in our 401k thanks to market forces...at low low interest thanks Don!

Not only would it not be possible to get this loan now, but had we done nothing we would not have any cash to show for it...we rescued cash from our 401k by borrowing “from” it before it tanked... we never divested anything from the 401k

This is about 1/3 of our land purchase we will have “paid ourselves” back in a couple years and have added value in our land and no change in our 401k other than the growth from continuing to contribute to it

Edited by OtiscoPaul

We're hoping its gone by then. A couple of my band mates have had "playing at SPAC" on their "Things to do before hanging it up" list for a while. It would really suck for them to get this close and have it pulled out from underneath, but it is what it is
Congratulations again on the marriage. Did you ever decide on a watch by the way? I kind of lost track of that thread.
Decided to hold off on watch till 1 year anniversary and put that money towards a house first. Also gives me more time to decide what I want.

• Like 1

bought one of these a few months ago. Super simple install and my whole family loves it. The wife was skeptic at first, but all we need is a few squares to dry off. The great Belo saw the toilet paper shortage coming in January!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A0RHSJO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Is the water cold? Or does it warm it up?

It’s like an equity loan knucklehead, it’s was based on a certain figure that now is 1/3  less through market forces.
We will “pay ourselves” back money that no longer even exist in our 401k thanks to market forces...at low low interest thanks Don!
Not only would it not be possible to get this loan now, but had we done nothing we would not have any cash to show for it...we rescued our 401k by borrowing “from” it before it tanked... we never divested anything from the 401k
This is about 1/3 of our land purchase we will have “paid ourselves” back in a couple years and have added value in our land and no change in our 401k other than the growth from confusing to contribute to it
Technically you are stealing from your future self when you borrow from your 401k. You lose the extra compounded interest on the value you took out in loan form. Not the end of the world but there are always trade offs to everything

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Technically you are stealing from your future self when you borrow from your 401k. You lose the extra compounded interest on the value you took out in loan form. Not the end of the world but there are always trade offs to everything

JM...in prime market conditions sure...by the time this market ever sees 30,000 We will have paid ourselves back and netted on real estate assets 

Edited by OtiscoPaul

JM...in prime market conditions sure...by the time this market ever see 30,000 We will have paid ourselves back and netted on extra assets 
Well yes obviously it depends on time to pay back the "loan" and you may have timed it right. Only time can tell. Personally I think by the end of the year we will be back up another 15% from where we are at now. Possibly more

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

Well yes obviously it depends on time to pay back the "loan" and you may have timed it right. Only time can tell. Personally I think by the end of the year we will be back up another 15% from where we are at now. Possibly more

My biz prediction for bottom is 17k to 20k depending on duration of Wuhan issues

29 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

If you are talking about the election yes...if you are talking about the economy it’s now part of history not a prognostication 

The Ammo was originally purchased to fight zombies, now it’s to fight anyone trying to give you some hand sanitizer

Why would I fight anyone trying to give me hand sanitizer?? I have been selling Purell for $50 a gram. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

Yesterday Mrs Nomad returned from shopping , as I helped her unload the Outback I noticed she only bought two rolls of toilet paper, not her normal big pack .

Why just two I asked , she said she didn’t  want to appear like the hoarders buying armloads .

Thats nice and all but , I’m still going to need to ,well you know .

Its like the Johnny Carson toilet paper shortage of ‘73 all over again .

already got a toilet paper backup plan!  LOL   I brought three seashells into work and put them on the back of the toilet.  Kept everyone in conversation for a bit.   image.jpeg.4b758e9d64bba51eacf98def5c14431c.jpeg

IMG_20200312_095736088.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Steve D said:

Moog the answer is quite simple.....You can't explain politics or the thoughts behind it period. It is all about trying to make the one(s) in charge look incompetent and finding baseless ways to jockey into position for the top spot.

Most of the "local" channels announced that Trump would be speaking last night but not one of them announced what time he would be on. It is pretty sad that the media has so much control they can steer the country in the direction they so choose and cannot find anything good in what one person (Trump) does or tries to do for all of us.

I really was joking as I find it a bit amusing how everyone is pointing out that the politicians are all trying to use this event to their advantage.  That is nothing new.  Tell me the last time a politician didn't use some important event to try to bolster support and tear down the opposition.  Its the norm unfortunately.  War, disease, economic problems, heck even the terrorist attacks of 9/11 have been used to try to gain political advantage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

already got a toilet paper backup plan!  LOL   I brought three seashells into work and put them on the back of the toilet.  Kept everyone in conversation for a bit.  lol 

Over the years I've heard some guys on this forum say that they used their socks out in the field when they forgot the toilet paper, so maybe folks can start saving their old socks as a backup.  They are of course also washable and can be re-used.  :)

• Like 1