Corona Virus Thread

3 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Weren't those the same polls that had Hillary winning?

Not for 2 years of polling...also a white dude

He was the dem nom front runner from day 1 the left didn’t like the party didn’t love it but a plurality of dems and never trumpers always have and now the rest will fall back in line.

Will win PA and Michigan...game over

Edited by OtiscoPaul

10 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Not at all I'm specifically calling out what it's name is. Enough pussyfooting around. It originated in China. China as a country is to blame. They have been the cause of the last 4 major outbreaks (Ebola not included because that never reached the states or became widespread outside of Africa) time to hold the country accountable. And by country I mean the Chinese government

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have not heard anyone call this "Wuhan Virus". Covid-19, yes, coronavirus, yes, but I would like to see support that the proper name for the virus is "Wuhan Virus". Sounds to me like something someone made up to spark outrage. Call it what you want, but this virus belongs to us now, as much as anyone. The president kept calling it a "foreign virus", but it is now a domestic disease, and we have to step up and be accountable. 

If you want to shift blame and responsibility to someone else, that's your perogative, but it helps no one.

Edited by Splitear_Leland
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

I have not heard anyone call this "Wuhan Virus". Covid-19, yes, coronavirus, yes, but I would like to see support that the proper name for the virus is "Wuhan Virus". Sounds to me like something someone made up to spark outrage. Call it what you want, but this virus belongs to us now, as much as anyone. The president kept calling it a "foreign virus", but it is now a domestic disease, and we have to step up and be accountable. 

If you want to shift blame and responsibility to someone else, that's your perogative, but it helps no one.

The right is calling it Wuhan... reminds me of Wutang so I’m all in

19 minutes ago, mowin said:

But you failed to call him out for the same thing... 

Jerry called me out on your behalf relax 

And I’m not expressing popular sentiment so don’t worry you got plenty of group-think support

Edited by OtiscoPaul

Sorry Wuhan Coronavirus is the full title. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/02/health/coronavirus-pandemic-china.html

It’s fairly easy to look up...no this thing that just blew up all over Wall Street is Trumps pumped up economy.
Obama increased both growth and the interest rate while leaving in tough and expensive environmental regs and green energy....after bailing out the banks without reinstating glass-steagall, big mistake Barry  
If someone so much as whispered recession on fox business then Trumps been up the feds ass to lower interest (bad for your savings) so the banks and traders felt comfortable riding a bubble 10x slick Willy’s tech bubble.
You are now firmly entrenched in Trumps bear market (Obama inherited one then never saw one again)
BTW I sold all my freed up stock almost 4 weeks ago at the 52 week high...it was the record for one of the companies.
Edit: I think the bottom of this thing is prolly 17,000-20,000 depending how long the Wuhan causes problems

Your 401K sold at all time high also? How?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Your 401K sold at all time high also? How?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No biz it’s getting hammered like everyone else...did leverage a loan off it when it was 1/3 larger again last month when I saw this coming

we took what we could out of the market and put it into a land investment and a couple toys

I believe Jerry mentioned he would have rather had a boat in the driveway than watched it go down the drain...we did that with land and a tractor (and downsized our boat) knowing this bubble was gonna bust

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Jerry called me out on your behalf relax 

And I’m not expressing popular sentiment so don’t worry you got plenty of group-think support

Well I didn't necessarily want to "call you out" per say, but I guess I did.

I just really dislike when a good debate droops into insults or name calling. I think in general, we (collectively) debate in a pretty civil way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Steuben Jerry said:

Well I didn't necessarily want to "call you out" per say, but I guess I did.

I just really dislike when a good debate droops into insults or name calling. I think in general, we (collectively) debate in a pretty civil way.

Well you are right sir

The NYT is a leftist rag, Fake News

I'll stand corrected, I had not heard it called that. 

And now in their more recent articles they say that name is racist and xenophobic which is completely hypocritical of them. But at least we both agree they are a liberal rag and fake news. By the way whens the concert at SPAC? and when do tickets go on sale? I kinda want to try and make it up there for it

10 hours ago, moog5050 said:

I just wish someone would explain the politics of this whole COVID19 thing.   Anyone?

Moog the answer is quite simple.....You can't explain politics or the thoughts behind it period. It is all about trying to make the one(s) in charge look incompetent and finding baseless ways to jockey into position for the top spot.

Most of the "local" channels announced that Trump would be speaking last night but not one of them announced what time he would be on. It is pretty sad that the media has so much control they can steer the country in the direction they so choose and cannot find anything good in what one person (Trump) does or tries to do for all of us.

• Like 1

Yesterday Mrs Nomad returned from shopping , as I helped her unload the Outback I noticed she only bought two rolls of toilet paper, not her normal big pack .

Why just two I asked , she said she didn’t  want to appear like the hoarders buying armloads .

Thats nice and all but , I’m still going to need to ,well you know .

Its like the Johnny Carson toilet paper shortage of ‘73 all over again .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

And now in their more recent articles they say that name is racist and xenophobic which is completely hypocritical of them. But at least we both agree they are a liberal rag and fake news. By the way whens the concert at SPAC? and when do tickets go on sale? I kinda want to try and make it up there for it

I tend to agree with their later clasification, though I think calling it "racist" or "xenophobic" is too far. I think that it puts the onus and emphasis on the wrong things. I'll stick with Covid-19 or coronavirus. 

Would love to see you at Countryfest. It's July 12th, and we play early since we're just the local hacks, but should be fun. Tickets are available now. https://spac.org/event/gna-countryfest-2020/

Edited by Splitear_Leland
  • Like 1

Yesterday Mrs Nomad returned from shopping , as I helped her unload the Outback I noticed she only bought two rolls of toilet paper, not her normal big pack .
Why just two I asked , she said she didn’t  want to appear like the hoarders buying armloads .
Thats nice and all but , I’m still going to need to ,well you know .
Its like the Johnny Carson toilet paper shortage of ‘73 all over again .
Be like the people in the middle East who use their left hand. Just be sure to wash up extra good

I tend to agree with their later clasification, thought I think calling it "racist" or "xenophobic" is too far. I think that it puts the onus and emphasis on the wrong things. I'll stick with Covid-19 or coronavirus. 
Would love to see you at Countryfest. It's July 12th, and we play early since we're just the local hacks, but should be fun. Tickets are available now. https://spac.org/event/gna-countryfest-2020/
July 12th is perfect! All this Corona crap should be finished and I'll be a married man and maybe hopefully have time to do fun stuff again hahaha

Just now, The Jerkman said:

July 12th is perfect! All this Corona crap should be finished and I'll be a married man and maybe hopefully have time to do fun stuff again hahaha

We're hoping its gone by then. A couple of my band mates have had "playing at SPAC" on their "Things to do before hanging it up" list for a while. It would really suck for them to get this close and have it pulled out from underneath, but it is what it is :)

Congratulations again on the marriage. Did you ever decide on a watch by the way? I kind of lost track of that thread.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, moog5050 said:

I just wish someone would explain the politics of this whole COVID19 thing.   Anyone?

there isn't politics. Only those who want to make it about politics.

For the love of God, even Donald J. Trump, the great divider avoided politics in his address. Our issue is very real right now. We have an opportunity to limit the spread and death rate. If we can work together as a country and as a people.

Yet there are several on here blaming the democrats, and others blaming the POTUS. And then not shockingly, others are posting pictures of ammunition!?!? Like are you all so ignorant that you believe you can just shoot this microscopic virus away?

Edited by Belo

3 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

We'll check in with you again in a few years to see how much fun you are having being married. Just kidding.  :)

• Like 2