Corona Virus Thread

17 minutes ago, Nomad said:

One issue I believe is , that stores typically have  tree days of food on hand  . Most shop once a week or every two weeks and the store can easily restock , and  those folks have one or two weeks of food at most at home . Now they go as often as possible and buy a months worth of some things each time they find it .

This makes it hard for those who can’t get to the store everyday to run in and get what they need when they may have a chance .

It may be a good lesson , for those that don’t keep a supply of consumables at home .

I don't believe we have any reason to believe our supply chain with regards to food will be an issue. The trucks are still running (there hasn't been a major disaster shutting down the roads), and there's nothing stopping the farmers from farming or the livestock industry from continuing to do their thing.

I work in ops, and we dont suspect the impact from China's supply chain to show for another 6 to 8 months, but honestly that's the biggest concern. The items that are needed to make some of our food, or clean the plants or package the food where they're made etc come from China.

Food shouldn't be a concern. medications and things though... that's the scarier part. Thankfully china appears to be back on board and say what you want about china, those commy bastards will get that shit running again 2X haha.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Tough shit. You don't like wipes? Well then you can go ahead and enjoy your butt rash then.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ya , lets hear that when you have an 8 week old crying because her butt hurts too much to sleep or get comfortable.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Pretty sure you ran Grow off...atleast once

because she talked nonsense and I called her out on it. 80% of her stuff was great. I call a spade a spade when I see one, and in this thread you've been a spade.

6 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Tough shit. You don't like wipes? Well then you can go ahead and enjoy your butt rash then.

give him time, he's still new to this. There is little worse than a newborn with a butthole rash. No amount of butt paste or aquaphore will matter. muhahahahha

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

Ya , lets hear that when you have an 8 week old crying because her butt hurts too much to sleep or get comfortable.
Use that butt cream stuff. Or get better wipes. Better yet get a wipe warmer. Maybe she doesn't like them because you keep freezing her out

2 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Use that butt cream stuff. Or get better wipes. Better yet get a wipe warmer. Maybe she doesn't like them because you keep freezing her out

i have 3 kids and have done it all. it happens no matter what you do. I can only imagine it's worse though if you're not using wipes. 

i have 3 kids and have done it all. it happens no matter what you do. I can only imagine it's worse though if you're not using wipes. 
At least grosser for the wiper. Unless the wiper throws out the rags or sends them via a service so they don't go in your washer. Then I'd support using rags stead of wipes

Archer had it so bad we had to get medication to help heal the skin . Baby skin is nothing like adult skin . I gave my son a hug after being in the woods all day with bug spray and he broke out in a rash . We're talking about infants here jerkman not children or teenagers 

34 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

What’s with the fear mongering...you guys are calling for societal breakdown instead of calling for all hands on deck

Paul, quit twisting my words around to fit your agenda. I never called for it, (and you damn well know it) I said I was convinced of it when I saw two women beat each other down over a roll of TP. So don't lie about me. 

3 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Paul, quit twisting my words around to fit your agenda. I never called for it, (and you damn well know it) I said I was convinced of it when I saw two women beat each other down over a roll of TP. So don't lie about me. 

you saw this? Or you heard about this?

7 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

You suggesting that 2 stupid people fighting over anything on a video on the internet indicates impending anarchy within a fortnight then you are asking for it to happen...and you are 15 years past when these videos started appearing 

by adding to the hysteria so many accused the media of drumming up

Edited by OtiscoPaul

Just now, Belo said:

you saw this? Or you heard about this?

Saw two different fights on TV news shows yesterday. One at a Walmart down south, and the other at a Costco, wherever that was. Fists flying over one of them taking the last supplies. My wife went to the Painted Post Walmart Saturday, and she said 75% of the shelves were bare, with some folks yelling at store personnel about why there wasn't any of what they were looking for. Then she got yelled at in the parking lot to hurry up with putting the groceries in the trunk so they could have her parking space. Laughable, really.

The supply chain works under normal circumstances. But now you have folks preparing for being home a month or two, their kids won’t  be eating at school , the parents won’t be eating out at work , no eating out at nights ,  so buy more food for home .

Plus they’re worried so they buy one or two months of food, not one or two weeks . In a week or two perhaps it slows down.

Just now, Steuben Jerry said:

Saw two different fights on TV news shows yesterday. One at a Walmart down south, and the other at a Costco, wherever that was. Fists flying over one of them taking the last supplies. My wife went to the Painted Post Walmart Saturday, and she said 75% of the shelves were bare, with some folks yelling at store personnel about why there wasn't any of what they were looking for. Then she got yelled at in the parking lot to hurry up with putting the groceries in the trunk so they could have her parking space. Laughable, really.

Your kidding, a fight at a Walmart...well I never

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Archer had it so bad we had to get medication to help heal the skin . Baby skin is nothing like adult skin . I gave my son a hug after being in the woods all day with bug spray and he broke out in a rash . We're talking about infants here jerkman not children or teenagers 
Obviously their skin is many multiples more sensitive than adult skin. That's why it's always good to use the free and clear detergents and special soaps for them.

• Like 1

I’m not following what you mean? I have to use to water with washclothes because she gets a rash from the chemicals in baby wipes

Edit - I see your other comments now. We’ve tried all types of organic wipes, water wipes, etc. there’s nothing wrong with just using wash clothes and soap/water. along with her baths, she has no diaper rash. Isn’t that the goal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Done with you. Resume your name calling and false accusations with someone else.

Jerry based on 2 internet videos and a lonely commute you said that society would break down in 5-10 days

thats what you said

it is fear based and ridiculous 

and “dope” is pretty tame fir the stuff Steve and mowin were spewing

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

I’m not following what you mean? I have to use to water with washclothes because she gets a rash from the chemicals in baby wipes

Are there any less harsh baby wipes?

I'm OK....I still have my " Turn of the Century Apocalypse"   bunker fully stocked....

As a matter of fact, I think THAT is where I stored that sack of grenades and crate of claymores that I have been looking all over for....  I figured the Mermaid had HID them on me, like she hides all my other stuff...

Are there any less harsh baby wipes?

See above edited post. For whatever reason, the chemicals must be the issue. Even the 99% water wipes have several chemicals in them. So rather than keep trying, we will give it a few weeks before trying again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OtiscoPaul said:

You guys (Steve) went from not buying the “media hype” to “get your guns zombie apocalypse is here.”

This is an opportunity for people to put away petty differences. Neighbors are helping neighbors where I live and the local corner store isnt out of anything.

Life will go on just because schools are closed 

Lots of people started preparing for this atleast 2 weeks ago and people are still moving somewhat freely everywhere get a hold of yourselves 

Let me reiterate 

I’m not trying to be an ass but I’m in a pretty stable spot to weather this storm. I don’t foresee the state closing the prisons so other than unruly cons because they aren’t getting visits it will be business as normal. My daughter being out of school will suck for her but my mom is retired and lives next door so that will be a non issue as well.

I’ve been thinking about a new truck for a few months now and if this things goes in for a couple months I’m imagining that dealers will be very hungry, I should be able to get a hell of a deal and wouldn’t be surprised if zero% financing comes back. I know that’s selfish of me to think about but you always have to be able to look at the bright sides.

• Like 2