Corona Virus Thread

10 hours ago, TACC said:

Great deal smoke dope, no game suspensions. I know some people on here are probably ok with that, but that is just another reason why I do not and will not watch these games.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

National Felons League. 

• Like 1

On 1/27/2020 at 10:59 AM, Al Bundy said:

I hear quite a bit of stuff and am not certain exactly what is accurate. Keep this in mind while reading.  I do believe what I am saying below is true or at least some truth, but cant confirm.

I'm not real sure what is common knowledge but the city of Wuhan is (supposedly) shut down. Public transpo, airlines, cabs, etc not running.  This is a city the size of London. Can you imagine London being shut down???? Hospitals are over run and turning people away.  Also doctors any doctor is now pulled into this. If you are a podiatrist for example, guess what? You are now on infectious disease duty.  Its apparently a law or highly encouraged that you need to wear a mask in public. The situation there is highly under reported.

The virus has spread to a number of other cities that are not yet in the news. There are stories I hear that may/may not be true. The one that sticks out is a sick woman was turned away at the hospital and began to cough/spit/hack on the stair railings trying hard to spread her germs and infect other people. If true, what a .....  

Another a woman "escaped" from Wuhan and returned to France. She was ill and had a fever but somehow alleviated it enough to make it through screening. She posted how happy she was she was able to beat the system. Luckily some people have a heart and turned her in to French authorities after reading these posts. French authorities actually tracked her down and presumably quarantined her. 

Right now is New Year in China. Its a very festive occasion and people travel all over to visit family, friends. The government is encouraging people not to visit others and to stay home. Also, the government has tried to extend New Year, and telling people not to return to work just yet.

An unconfirmed RUMOR is the disease is in Flushing, NY.  JFK has (had?) direct flights to Wuhan so this COULD be accurate. 

One of the things I keep wondering is if a good portion of this is a knee jerk reaction.  The more I hear, the less I think its a knee jerk though. I do think however that the hospitals are overrun with knee jerk people. Some percent of people must have it, but I am guessing its not a high percent.  Also plain old influenza kills people in the US every year. Is this virus any worse or on par???  

Stay safe..

This is the original post that started this thread.........Interesting to go back and read from the start.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Dow futures just plummeted again hit the automatic trigger to stop it at 5% loss. Word is 50/50 chance big banks shut down for some period of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else take out cash to have on hand ? Cash is king 

2 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Always have a fat stack in one of my safes .enough anyways for bail on any charge I’m likely to be held on .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve always been a guy who keeps a few grand cash in my pistol safe. Whether it’s for an emergency house repair or pizza etc.

• Like 1

I’ve always been a guy who keeps a few grand cash in my pistol safe. Whether it’s for an emergency house repair or pizza etc.

Same, I have my emergency fund in the house

• Like 1

Doesn't a large majority of the population on that side of the state eat out alot ? I know Biz doesn't .

Yup. A lot of people who live in nyc eat 3 meals per day out. They’ll have to do takeout grab and go now.

6 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Just amazing what we are seeing......

Why?

People (2% rule) are idiots and that's why the govt feels inclined to make rules/laws to control dumb-a$$es... like it or not! To the other 98% it's purely common sense.

Lets hope a CV vaccine gets developed soon before the whole hysteria gets too out of control.

Edited by nyslowhand

17 minutes ago, nyslowhand said:

Why?

People (2% rule) are idiots and that's why the govt feels inclined to make rules/laws to control dumb-a$$es... like it or not! To the other 98% it's purely common sense.

Lets hope a CV vaccine gets developed soon before the whole hysteria gets too out of control.

AP said human trials start today - still 12-18 months out 

They showed cars lined up for a drive through testing area ,it must have been a mile long.  Ignorance and selfishness is what the people in charge are truly up against here . There is zero chance that every car had people that met the requirements for needing to be tested. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, mowin said:

Gets out of control?  Think we're well beyond that point.

We are only a few steps away from the crap totally hitting the fan.  If stores that sell food start closing down or can't restock the shelves, things can get ugly real quick. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, steve863 said:

We are only a few steps away from the crap totally hitting the fan.  If stores that sell food start closing down or can't restock the shelves, things can get ugly real quick. 

I agree.  Today is going to be interesting to say the least.  Thinking sweeping restrictions are going to be implemented very soon. Crime is going to be uncontrollable.  

36 minutes ago, mowin said:

I agree.  Today is going to be interesting to say the least.  Thinking sweeping restrictions are going to be implemented very soon. Crime is going to be uncontrollable.  

You guys (Steve) went from not buying the “media hype” to “get your guns zombie apocalypse is here.”

This is an opportunity for people to put away petty differences. Neighbors are helping neighbors where I live and the local corner store isnt out of anything.

Life will go on just because schools are closed 

Lots of people started preparing for this atleast 2 weeks ago and people are still moving somewhat freely everywhere get a hold of yourselves 

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, steve863 said:

After seeing some of the news reports of fights over toilet paper and other groceries this past weekend, and after seeing the absolute empty roads on my morning commute, I am convinced that we are 5-10 days from total societal breakdown at any time.

• Like 3