Corona Virus Thread

2 hours ago, Belo said:

we have vpn, but we're learning the pipe isn't big enough to assist everyone at one time. Sort of like the hospital system, it's designed to handle the normal volume.

Thats what Ive been working on since the middle of last week actually. Just about have it all done and ready to go.

• Like 1

400,000 restaurant/bar jobs about to be unemployed in 20min in NYC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of my clients are switching to delivery and take out. That being said they are all freaked out

• Like 1

It's crazy. I bought an orange today and thought about how many hands have touched it and what the proper protocol would be to eat it.
Wash the outside along with your hands and then let rip. You eat the guts not the skin

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, phade said:

Same - been working 24/7 for the past week.

Hospitals are built on speed and finesse. They had/have no capacity for brute force issues, which this is. I had spine surgery scheduled for Wednesday at Highland and they canceled it on me last night. Moving space, equipment, and resources to this issue.

Yep, daughter works in pre / post opp all elective surgery put off , but staff is still assigned to that unit . Will, she be reassigned, perhaps at some point .

11 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Yep, daughter works in pre / post opp all elective surgery put off , but staff is still assigned to that unit . Will, she be reassigned, perhaps at some point .

My mom has surgery planned in April that is going on still and they just cancelled my dads knee replacement . 

If it hasn't gotten real for you yet...... Stores are working on plans for 10 people in at a time to shop.  Think about the chaos that this would cause.  

Can't say in my lifetime that this isnt the biggest threat to our economy.  If a run on cash happens at the banks. Hang on.  

I'm not a doomsday prepper guy. But if you don't see the possibility of what we have here your turning your head.  

And I don't mean the virus. I mean the ramifications.  We are not far from statewide martial law. 

Businesses shutting down hard now. Dow is tanked, recession is in. Worse is possible.  3000 drop today.  

Not saying it will happen, but how can it not be considered that a crash is possible.  Letting the virus run it's course might be better off.    

If it hasn't gotten real for you yet...... Stores are working on plans for 10 people in at a time to shop.  Think about the chaos that this would cause.  
Can't say in my lifetime that this isnt the biggest threat to our economy.  If a run on cash happens at the banks. Hang on.  
I'm not a doomsday prepper guy. But if you don't see the possibility of what we have here your turning your head.  
And I don't mean the virus. I mean the ramifications.  We are not far from statewide martial law. 
Businesses shutting down hard now. Dow is tanked, recession is in. Worse is possible.  3000 drop today.  
Not saying it will happen, but how can it not be considered that a crash is possible.  Letting the virus run it's course might be better off.    

Should we start the hunting NY militia to fight back

• Like 1

Simmer down there Alex Jones. Put down the CNN and spend some time fishing. The market will rebound. Do not worry. It's a pathogenic downturn NOT a financial downturn. So now that that's out of the way it will not be the same issues as 08. This is merely a temporary blip. Once we peak this Corona bullshit and start getting past it things will rebound and likely get even higher than they were before. Things are slowing due to concerns about getting sick not because nobody has any money.

• Like 1

Pocket change 
Obviously after doing those crazy light displays. Oh I forgot to mention best man also does the lighting at my future home for free in addition to the aforementioned "pocket change"

“. If it hasn't gotten real for you yet...... Stores are working on plans for 10 people in at a time to shop.  Think about the chaos that this would cause. “

So 20 or so, people an hour at Wegmans ? Can’t see that ever happening. 

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Simmer down there Alex Jones. Put down the CNN and spend some time fishing. The market will rebound. Do not worry. It's a pathogenic downturn NOT a financial downturn. So now that that's out of the way it will not be the same issues as 08. This is merely a temporary blip. Once we peak this Corona bullshit and start getting past it things will rebound and likely get even higher than they were before. Things are slowing due to concerns about getting sick not because nobody has any money.

In 2008 work wasn't closed til further notice.  The president wasn't on every day. Your kidding yourself if you have NO concern. But wish I could think that way. I agree it prob will, but to be without concern with all the people that just went out of work today.... This is different. In my area I would say near a third of the workforce is closed off. 

And by the way I Hate Alex Jones. Lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nomad said:

“. If it hasn't gotten real for you yet...... Stores are working on plans for 10 people in at a time to shop.  Think about the chaos that this would cause. “

So 20 or so, people an hour at Wegmans ? Can’t see that ever happening. 

I will leave you to your no worries. It's good to be you and retired I guess.  

3 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

In 2008 work wasn't closed til further notice.  The president wasn't on every day. Your kidding yourself if you have NO concern. But wish I could think that way. I agree it prob will, but to be without concern with all the people that just went out of work today.... This is different. In my area I would say near a third of the workforce is closed off. 

And by the way I Hate Alex Jones. Lol

Yep, we were estimating the likely impact on our income due to this craziness.  2020 will be a tough year. 

• Like 1