Corona Virus Thread

I’m not blaming him. I’m saying he’s incompetent and the last guy you want in charge as he lacks the fundamental thing a leader need in this situation - discipline. 

By the way - what transparency? I haven’t disguised the fact that after living in NYC for 20 plus years I know Trump to be a venal, narcissistic, performing monkey. 

Edited by left field
  • Like 1

Cuomo is emerging as the National Leader on Wuhan.
He ain’t emptying prisons they are making you (And themselves) free hand sanitizer 
Waving the 180 days freed schools to make their own choices...should have done it 2 weeks earlier but atleast he did it
Shutting down New Rochelle when they were patting their own backs fir staying open 

Sucking Cuomo off for adding more government control is the most sickening thing I’ve read on this whole thread.

That douche bag has been walking around with a raging hard-on and foaming at the mouth for a month just hoping he can spread his communist dream and make all his minions lives more miserable! This is his dream come true!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

interesting discussion like this right now. People refinancing, which isn't the intent of the fed interest rate reduction and those who could buy, are waiting to buy expecting deals.

Nothing wrong or illegal with these ideas and plans, but this is why our economy is going to get crushed...

If I was close to retirement I would be worried about a market crash. But being 15 yrs away I look at a market crash as a money makert! It’s going to be a buyers market for a while and we will rebound better than ever.

22 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

These people on the news with carts 8 feet high with toilet paper need to be publicly shamed

This is exactly the same problem when everyone started hoarding the .22 ammo.  If people would just buy what they need when  they need it, we would not have the panic that then becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.  I will figure out a way to take a dump with or without TP but buying 4 months worth at everyone else's expense is absurd.  Same with the rest of the items.  Relax.  We will all be just fine.

Sorry hear Elmo.  Hope you are all set for a period of time.  This too will pass.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I saw a news article heading but didn't read it , it said something to the effect about guys with 17,000 bottle of sanitizer are donating it. 

1 minute ago, Moho81 said:

I hope they get charged with some sort of crime!

There are laws against price gouging in emergency situations but not sure if they only apply to those that sell in the normal course.  I just hope they eat the 17K in sanitizer and are left with only really cleans hands for the rest of their lives.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy K said:

I saw a news article heading but didn't read it , it said something to the effect about guys with 17,000 bottle of sanitizer are donating it. 

well that didn't work out as planned.  That would be good but the original intent was to charge way over market and capitalize on the insanity.

• Like 1

I don't believe we have any reason to believe our supply chain with regards to food will be an issue. The trucks are still running (there hasn't been a major disaster shutting down the roads), and there's nothing stopping the farmers from farming or the livestock industry from continuing to do their thing.
I work in ops, and we dont suspect the impact from China's supply chain to show for another 6 to 8 months, but honestly that's the biggest concern. The items that are needed to make some of our food, or clean the plants or package the food where they're made etc come from China.
Food shouldn't be a concern. medications and things though... that's the scarier part. Thankfully china appears to be back on board and say what you want about china, those commy bastards will get that shit running again 2X haha.

Belo is 100% right on this there will not be a good shortage. I work for a FEMA certified food distribution company and stock will not be a issue we have food and plenty of it

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, left field said:

Are there legal provisions during a “national emergency” for hoarding and profiteering? 

not sure, but at least amazon and ebay made it hard for them. But of course then you hear the stories about how they now have all this shit and can't sell it to people who need it.

Going to be interesting during the next 45-60 days, that's for sure.

First real look at the hit on China was 21% decreased retails sales, 13% less production, and 24% less investment in fixed assets. That was the first month of YOY comps. Essentially China significantly reduced buying, making, and investing in the future. 

At this point, we're easing into this (as much as possible). First was voluntary behavior changes, now local/state, and eventually national decrees. I think alot of people wanted a hammer to hit; I initially thought that might be best, but I suspect our infrastructure couldn't have taken that shock to the system. This is like walking into the cold pool starting at the ladder, then the shallow, before swimming and head under...as opposed to the dive in.

There will be some cultural learning here. Schools and workplaces will significantly advance remote work and learning; infrastructure/asset costs will reduce. Supply chains will improve. Hospital efficiencies will be mapped for surge intake and treatment, etc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phade said:

Going to be interesting during the next 45-60 days, that's for sure.

First real look at the hit on China was 21% decreased retails sales, 13% less production, and 24% less investment in fixed assets. That was the first month of YOY comps. Essentially China significantly reduced buying, making, and investing in the future. 

At this point, we're easing into this (as much as possible). First was voluntary behavior changes, now local/state, and eventually national decrees. I think alot of people wanted a hammer to hit; I initially thought that might be best, but I suspect our infrastructure couldn't have taken that shock to the system. This is like walking into the cold pool starting at the ladder, then the shallow, before swimming and head under...as opposed to the dive in.

There will be some cultural learning here. Schools and workplaces will significantly advance remote work and learning; infrastructure/asset costs will reduce. Supply chains will improve. Hospital efficiencies will be mapped for surge intake and treatment, etc. 

we have vpn, but we're learning the pipe isn't big enough to assist everyone at one time. Sort of like the hospital system, it's designed to handle the normal volume.

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

we have vpn, but we're learning the pipe isn't big enough to assist everyone at one time. Sort of like the hospital system, it's designed to handle the normal volume.

Our school is mailing out learning packets as the total all learning over the internet is not going to be 100% feasible. 

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

Our school is mailing out learning packets as the total all learning over the internet is not going to be 100% feasible. 

my wife signed up for abc mouse (they have a corona discount sale lol) and she just asked me what's wrong with the internet. We have google wifi so i checked it from my app and it's at well over 100mbs. 

So my guess is that they're getting hammered. The trickle down and unforeseen is going to be incredible. 

• Like 1