Corona Virus Thread

Stopped at price chopper in Johnson’s town on the way to my house. No TP but plenty of napkins. They did have some water which I didn’t think would be a problem getting up here isn’t everyone on well water? I’m but don’t mess with it at this time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Splitear_Leland said:

No baby wipes at our local store. We'll be using them sparingly on our daughter for a while. Craziness...

Do an internet search ,they are easy to make johnsons baby shampoo and johnson lotion combined with hot water ,cut a roll of paper towels in half and put the roll of paper towels in a Tupperware container containing the solution.  There is other recipes if you want to stay away from the chemicals in the soap and lotion. 

I’ll throw this out there just for fun, I have a bidet in my house that I have never used and didn’t think I ever would. If my 80 or so rolls of tp run out I’ll have to give it a shot

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chef said:

I’ll throw this out there just for fun, I have a bidet in my house that I have never used and didn’t think I ever would. If my 80 or so rolls of tp run out I’ll have to give it a shot

Sounds like a good excuse for a GTG  !!  When the TP runs out, we all go down to Chef's place and give his BIDET a workout  !!   I'd have to get some lessons on Bidet SOP..I mean, what do you do, spread your cheeks and ROTATE  ??….

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 3

Got the call today that the kids school closed until april 14th.  They jumped around saying yay no school.  Well that was until i sat them down and told them its not a vacation.  Since they have lesson plans setup. I told them their mother will wake them when she leaves for work, they are to start on class work no later then  9.  They have to do some sort of exercise for 45 mins during the day to make up for no gym classes or recess times.  When they get done which should be by 1 they will have an hr worth of chores.   Best part is i work 3rd so im home sleeping during the day so ill know if stuffs getting done since im a light sleeper.

Well lets just say oldest slammed her door and my youngest daughter who is my out spoken one just looked at me and says "you sure can put a bad spin on having a month off cant you dad."

This was all followed by me and my wife laughing because they thought it was time to sit on their asses for a month.  :rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Had some older lady come up to the house and ask to buy some eggs. Said stores are out, and she likes fresh better.

Don't know how this person knew I have chickens. Can barely see my house from the road, and definitely can't see my coop. Never sold any, so not sure how she knew.  Gave her a dozen. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, mowin said:

Had some older lady come up to the house and ask to buy some eggs. Said stores are out, and she likes fresh better.

Don't know how this person knew I have chickens. Can barely see my house from the road, and definitely can't see my coop. Never sold any, so not sure how she knew.  Gave her a dozen. 

During all the panic and craziness. I think showing some kindness, and helping family, friends, neighbors, and even people you don't know. Will be the best way to get through all this together. 

Good for you mowin, for opening your door, to help someone you didn't know.

Edited by grampy
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, mowin said:

I told The Mermaid you were a soft touch...Thanks for the eggs  !!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Been saying for a couple years now. Why do they even have school anymore?  There might be a push after this for off-site learning. A lot of things I think will change in how operations are done in many sectors. But been saying why not just have online classes like colleges do?  With all the shootings and security issues and now this kinda thing. Plus all homework etc is on a laptop anyway.  And you can Google anything. Yes I know teachers arent gonna like it. But one teacher can teach hundreds of students across several districts so much cheaper. I think we were headed that way in 10 years but this might speed it up whether we like it or not. Hell you can even click on a spot to raise your hand for a question during an online training. Always thought this was inevitable but can see it sped up in planning. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Been saying for a couple years now. Why do they even have school anymore?  There might be a push after this for off-site learning. A lot of things I think will change in how operations are done in many sectors. But been saying why not just have online classes like colleges do?  With all the shootings and security issues and now this kinda thing. Plus all homework etc is on a laptop anyway.  And you can Google anything. Yes I know teachers arent gonna like it. But one teacher can teach hundreds of students across several districts so much cheaper. I think we were headed that way in 10 years but this might speed it up whether we like it or not. Hell you can even click on a spot to raise your hand for a question during an online training. Always thought this was inevitable but can see it sped up in planning. 

One major flaw.   Parents have to work. 

• Like 1

Problem is school is way more than an education. The social aspect is more important in child development than than the education.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Problem is school is way more than an education. The social aspect is more important in child development than than the education.

That is the old fall back but look at today's society . That issue is becoming less and less of one. Younger generation doesn't do face to face less and less .  Kids are on their phones.  The change I thought was always inevitable eventually. Just thinking this gives it more steam. 

I know if I was in school these days I would be asking why am I here? 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

It would start with high school.  Then mixed learning with younger kids.  Def a problem but school is not a sitter. And with a 24 hour workday these days not everyone works 9-5 so need childcare anyway.  

I don't know a single family where the parents work different shifts.  There's no way that's going to work.