Last minute check list!!!

regulat0r

lets use this thread for a reminder to everyone who will be making that first walk into the woods this saturday! hopefully all your gear is tuned and shooting straight, clothes are bagged in leaves, stands are hung, and all other gear is in order. post reminders to everyone else for the night before or that morning!!!

-Dont forget your release and hoist rope!

-when you get into your stand...be sure to brush off any leaves on the platform. (i noticed when i checked my stands last weekend when i stood up i heard "crunch crunch" if i had done that opening morning with a deer in front of me he would have heard it and pinned me in a second!)

-dont forget the key to the gate/lock at your property/trail

-dont forget TP if you are doing an all day sit!!

what else do we need to remember??? good luck on saturday and BE SAFE!

We will be filming on saturday morning so here is my checklist lollllll.

1) Bow

2) 2 video cameras (One for second angle shots)

3) Camera accessories (CameraBag, Rainhood, Extra tapes, Camera light, camera arm, second angle camer arm)

4) 5 Muddy treesteps to get into stand

5) Camera mans stand

6) Release

7) Saftey Vest

8 ) Cell phone for emergencies

9) Knife, flashlight, grunt call/ rattling antlers.

10)......

Im sure there is a ton of stuff im missing. It really sucks to carry all that stuff in with you but it is all worth it when you get the whole hunt on film to relive with family and friends. Good luck to everybody this weekend i hope you all have a safe and successful hunt.

John

Edited by mbucks27

Baby wipes?? I thought we were supposed to be tougher than shoe leather hunters, not some pampered prima donnas? What's next diaper rash ointment in our backpacks?? LOL

http://www.drugstore...tive=8269317675

Latte in our thermos and keish in our lunch bags and doilies to rest our wepons on so we don't mare the finish on our treestands

Latte in our thermos and keish in our lunch bags and doilies to rest our wepons on so we don't mare the finish on our treestands

LOL! And maybe we could get a helicopter to lower us in and out of our stands, so we don't get our boots dirty!! I'm getting the feeling that some of those "queer eye for the straight guy" people have infiltrated a few too many hunting camps. LOL

LOL! And maybe we could get a helicopter to lower us in and out of our stands, so we don't get our boots dirty!! I'm getting the feeling that some of those "queer eye for the straight guy" people have infiltrated a few too many hunting camps. LOL

Beats an itchy butt, with TP pieces stuck! LOLp

Edited by Karpteach

All the comments about toilet paper and wipes- do you guys really crap in the woods?

I would think that anyone who has spent a good amount of time outdoors has had to at one time or another. Probably best to do it before you leave in the morning, but it doesn't always work out that nicely. I have heard of people walking back to the house, cabin or whatever to relieve themselves, but that's really kind of silly when you can just drop your trousers anywhere you want in the woods. I think some people are worried about being seen by someone. The way I look at it is if someone wants to look at me doing such a thing, they are welcome to witness the horror. They are doing it to their own detriment.

Hah, all you guys with comments about the baby wipes make me laugh.

Try it..you'll be surprised. Change is hard...even when it is better for you. Some of the most manly, hard core hunters I know don't bother with TP and use baby wipes.

Not only better for the first-thought of job...but they're also scent-free wipes that can be used if you get sweaty or are in the wilderness for days on end with no shower. They disintegrate just as well as TP and can be shredded for blood trail markers just the same as TP. Oh and they're great to use when cleaning blood off your hands from a gut job. Try to do that with TP. A multi-use product that's also better at the original purpose...

Sometimes I wonder if certain people hunt or call themselves tough as shoe leather hunters just to try to push off the fear of being a closet metrosexual. You secretly own a murse, don't you Steve? :wub:

Much man love, Steve...much man love.

Edited by phade

You secretly own a murse, don't you Steve? :wub:

Maybe if you explain to me what a "murse" is I can tell you if I own one or not. My wife however IS a nurse, but I don't think she'd like it if I claimed to "own" her. LOL

Sorry if you think I was belittling your manhood about baby wipes. I just try to put some humor into things, that's all. You can surely carry what you wish. Carrying the stuff to clean your hands, knife, after gutting is surely acceptable, though using it on ones butt sounds kind of funny to me at least since plain old toilet paper or even leaves will do the trick well enough. I reckon I just view hunting as getting back to the basics and simplicity. If things like bidet's are one day to become common at hunting camps, who am I to question it. Live and let live.

Maybe if you explain to me what a "murse" is I can tell you if I own one or not. My wife however IS a nurse, but I don't think she'd like it if I claimed to "own" her. LOL

Sorry if you think I was belittling your manhood about baby wipes. I just try to put some humor into things, that's all. You can surely carry what you wish. Carrying the stuff to clean your hands, knife, after gutting is surely acceptable, though using it on ones butt sounds kind of funny to me at least since plain old toilet paper or even leaves will do the trick well enough. I reckon I just view hunting as getting back to the basics and simplicity. If things like bidet's are one day to become common at hunting camps, who am I to question it. Live and let live.

Heh, Steve you crack me up sometimes.

I relate it to being more efficient...one item for multilpe purposes. No need to carry additional TP. It's also much more efficient than leaves...been there, done that.

A murse is a Man pURSE.

A murse is a Man pURSE.

LOL, No, I reckon I don't have one. Maybe I should, though. My wallet has so many receipts, notes, and assorted other things in it that it can barely fold. I am positive a few things date back to the 80's in it!! I can also be stingy with the cash that is in it, so the bills definitely have been in there since the 80's. The presidents on those bills are all wearing sunglasses since they have never been pulled out to see the light of day! LOL

Sorry Phade.....using the word purse and Man in the same sentence just doesn't work...lol. wallet...k......money clip...fine...purse??? nope not happening. fanny pack or backpack and I am right there with you.....but if it has a strap and it is over your shoulder you are swinging from the wrong side of the plate...lol

Sorry Phade.....using the word purse and Man in the same sentence just doesn't work...lol. wallet...k......money clip...fine...purse??? nope not happening. fanny pack or backpack and I am right there with you.....but if it has a strap and it is over your shoulder you are swinging from the wrong side of the plate...lol

Brings to mind "Jack Tripper" and Mr. Roper . . . LOL!