Drinking

Dom

just because you cant handle a drink well enough to be trusted with a loaded firearm doesn't mean nobody else can..

I actually took part in an experiment in college. It tested reaction time and mental awareness while drinking. Timed reactions and memory tests...base line before and after each drink....males, females, large frame to tiny gals. As you might expect the smaller body sizes were effected sooner and there were differences in the same sized folks. I can't remember for sure but I think it was serving size consumed at 20 minute intervals. I had drops after the second interval and I can handle my drinking pretty well. Was I legally impaired...nope....but there was measurable differences. I was in college....so couldn't pass up free booze...lol

This is way out of hand is'nt there anything else to talk about?

Yeah, it's getting out of hand, but it's interesting to see exactly how people defend drinking while hunting. We are only a small sample of hunters on this forum. Multiply it by God knowns how many other hunters out there who might have no issues with drinking and hunting and then the scenario starts looking even worse.

I bet you think your hunting dosnt need to be justified don't you? I know I do so why should somebody enjoying a beer with lunch while they are out in the woods have to justify themselves to you or anybody else just because you don't do it or agree with it?

just because you cant handle a drink well enough to be trusted with a loaded firearm doesn't mean nobody else can..

I can't handle a drink? Thats funny! Like drinking and manliness have some thing to do with one another. It's no wonder why a lot of the public use negative stereotypes about hunters.

Doc, I disagree with you. Certain things are absolutes. Not drinking while hunting is one of them. Enough of the general public think hunters are idiots as it is do we want to give them proof positive that they are right? What about the teenagers that come on this site? Should they think for a moment that drinking and hunting is acceptable?

Alcohol and firearms should never be mixed,end of story! To suggest otherwise is moronic!

Doc, I disagree with you. Certain things are absolutes. Not drinking while hunting is one of them.

I'm not sure exactly what you are disagreeing with me over, or what it is you think you read in my reply that you thought indicates that I condone drinking while hunting.

I'm not sure exactly what you are disagreeing with me over, or what it is you think you read in my reply that you thought indicates that I condone drinking while hunting.

That a conversation of this nature should be taking place. I don't know how it can be perceived as a positive message for hunting in any possible way.

So , what branch of the service did you serve with ?

None of them but thats not the point im not talking about ME or arguing for anything to please myself... just what I believe.. I have stated in this thread already that I never drink while hunting nor would I ever drink while hunting

I dont snort cocaine but I also don't believe those who do should be punished for it as long as they aren't harming others while doing so they can have a ball

Do I think people should be totally smashed while hunting no.. but If somebody can pass a breathalyzer test with a score that allows them to DRIVE A VEHICLE then why not

Now that we/most of us are not hunting at tis moment,Lets all toast to a successfull hunting season.Thanks for all your thoughts and veiws on this subject.It has been interesting to see who had same thaughts that i did.

• 2 weeks later...