I admit it I don't have the stomach for it!

First-light

15 hours ago, crappyice said:

Not sure I understand the Squimishness of this process. You presumably already zippered a warm body open, probably punctured the guts, went elbow deep to rip out an esophagus, cut out a butt hole and hopefully sloshed through the wreckage to find the heart.

Picking boiled meat off bone ain’t no thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never tried it but for me I don't think I would be Squeamish about it, I've done my fair share of gross stuff but to pay someone else $60 to have a Euro done is well worth it. I would take me hours upon hours to do it for the first time. If I had to pay more I might consider doing it myself. 

3 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I've never tried it but for me I don't think I would be Squeamish about it, I've done my fair share of gross stuff but to pay someone else $60 to have a Euro done is well worth it. I would take me hours upon hours to do it for the first time. If I had to pay more I might consider doing it myself. 

I dont have the patience to wait 2 months , it's not or gross. Put some borax in the water to cut the grease and it smells like beef stew.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I dont have the patience to wait 2 months , it's not or gross. Put some borax in the water to cut the grease and it smells like beef stew.

I have the patience, I drop it off and quickly forget about it. That is until all my "weird internet buddies" start posting pictures of their mounts. 

• Like 3

Here’s the email reply I received from the most local guy to me and shop frequented by us City- folk!
75cd863e44563aea3bb5cacb2c1c7614.jpg

It was then I decided to do it myself.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Here’s the email reply I received from the most local guy to me and shop frequented by us City- folk!
75cd863e44563aea3bb5cacb2c1c7614.jpg

It was then I decided to do it myself.

Oh good god! 

Yep I would have done it myself as well with those prices WTF! 

• Like 1

My Daddy taught me at a very tender age, how to process deer or any game, from start to finish.   Never had a problem with, skinning, cleaning the insides out and cutting the meat up.   Advantage of growing up on a big farm.  Never once did I get a upset stomach!!  Just very much enjoyed the game on the dinner table.

• Like 1

I have two processing under a weighted down Rubbermaid tote in the backyard and another still sitting in a pot ready to be beached outside the back door to the house. most recent one is from 2 seasons ago. i'm paying to have the next one done. not because it's gross but just a PITA allocation of my time.

My Daddy taught me at a very tender age, how to process deer or any game, from start to finish.   Never had a problem with, skinning, cleaning the insides out and cutting the meat up.   Advantage of growing up on a big farm.  Never once did I get a upset stomach!!  Just very much enjoyed the game on the dinner table.

I butcher my deer, and enjoy doing it. But for $65 someone else can clean the skull once every couple/few years

That's because they are.

Call Me The Teflon Don

It’s also why he doesn’t get what little taxi work I need done. Too busy means too busy and to me that means too many cut corners or rushed jobs. Not saying that happens there but I am saying I may be more likely to happen.

• Like 1

It’s also why he doesn’t get what little taxi work I need done. Too busy means too busy and to me that means too many cut corners or rushed jobs. Not saying that happens there but I am saying I may be more likely to happen.

Well I've got better guys for skulls anyways that only do skulls so that's fine

Call Me The Teflon Don

On 4/3/2020 at 10:43 AM, 2012_taco said:

I could see paying to have a Euro mount done if I were hanging the mount in my house. But I hang my racks in my garage and in my shop so I'm fine with my sub-standard work!

From what I've seen, you don't do any sub standard work Tim.

• Like 1

Question so the heads have dried for a week now. There is still little pieces of membrane and such on the skull. It is real hard, whats the best way to get it off before I bleach the skull?

I don’t have much experience with re-boiling skulls which I imagine is what you would need to do to scrape everything. I have a feeling things might start to get loose that you don’t want to get loose however. That’s the part that’s hardest for me- knowing when I “got it all” the first time I boil and befor it gets coated in Oxiclean. It’s seems that every time I think I am done, I find another hidden nugget of tissue or meat or whatever that it inside the nasal areas.