First-light

I admit it I don't have the stomach for it!

Did these two Euro mounts today. I'll never do it again it was gross. Eyeballs and brains squirting on me, NO WAY!

Boiled for hours then defleshed after that used a power washer. Live and learn!!!!!

IMG_4343.jpg

• Like 8

"We Feed 'em"

"He Breeds 'em"

Legends Lodge, "Where Legends are born"

I love doing diy stuff as much as I can, but I am right there with you, it looks to be way too much work. I’ll pay to have mine done. 

Edited by rob-c

11 minutes ago, rob-c said:

I love doing diy stuff as much as I can, but I am right there with you, it looks to be way too much work. I’ll pay to have mine done. 

Totally with you Rob! 

• Like 1

"We Feed 'em"

"He Breeds 'em"

That’s the best $65 I spend each year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

16 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

That’s the best $65 I spend each year

That's a great price. I got quoted $120, all day long for $65

"We Feed 'em"

"He Breeds 'em"

5 minutes ago, First-light said:

That's a great price. I got quoted $120, all day long for $65

That was with beetles too! I couldnt believe it. @Gencountyzeek sent me his info

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

After doing a couple on my own, I found a guy out in Nassau, that does a great job, and camo dipped for $100. Money well spent.IMG_20191214_125320.thumb.jpg.de8d73e8bff3709ca54e42c955625678.jpg

• Like 6

I dont mind boiling them ,I tried burying one last year  ,I'll never do that again, although that side of my raspberry garden was noticeably larger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Smell finally gone?

Seems to be, yours?

-Mitch Hedberg

51 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I dont mind boiling them ,I tried burying one last year  ,I'll never do that again, although that side of my raspberry garden was noticeably larger.

Ive posted this before but there was a F&S article about a guy that buried one, he pricked his finger and damned near lost his arm to the resulting infection

-Mitch Hedberg

10 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Seems to be, yours?

I would say yes but it took a while!

9 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Ive posted this before but there was a F&S article about a guy that buried one, he pricked his finger and damned near lost his arm to the resulting infection

That's what I was worried about ,I held it by the antler and immediately sprayed bleach all over it.

2 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I'm waiting on the pandemic to be over to pick up my 2 heads. No way was I doing it myself when I used the same guy as @The_Real_TCIII and @Gencountyzeek. $120 for 2 heads and all I had to do is drop them off. 

Look at this guy flexing on us with his two beetle worthy buck season!

• Haha 4

-Mitch Hedberg

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Look at this guy flexing on us with his two beetle worthy buck season!

LOL ya bastard! 

It was only a 2 beetle worthy year because of the memories associated with them. If you add up the inches of both I don't think I hit 100!

• Like 2

Not sure I understand the Squimishness of this process. You presumably already zippered a warm body open, probably punctured the guts, went elbow deep to rip out an esophagus, cut out a butt hole and hopefully sloshed through the wreckage to find the heart.

Picking boiled meat off bone ain’t no thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not sure I understand the Squimishness of this process. You presumably already zippered a warm body open, probably punctured the guts, went elbow deep to rip out an esophagus, cut out a butt hole and hopefully sloshed through the wreckage to find the heart.

Eyes and brains man, eyes and brains...

-Mitch Hedberg

8 hours ago, grampy said:

After doing a couple on my own, I found a guy out in Nassau, that does a great job, and camo dipped for $100. Money well spent.IMG_20191214_125320.thumb.jpg.de8d73e8bff3709ca54e42c955625678.jpg

I would consider driving all the way out there to have one done. Love how that came out

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I would consider driving all the way out there to have one done. Love how that came out

Heck yeah! I'll even through in lunch!

15 hours ago, crappyice said:

I always had a hard time sawing through bone.  Don't know what it is about it but none of that other stuff ever bothered me but saw through the legs, nope, couldn't do it.  Took about 10 deer before I finally got past it.

Happiness is cupped wings.

15 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Eyes and brains man, eyes and brains...

Parts are parts!

Hunt when I can.. ;)